2🌸.

Song-  Never be the same by Camilla Cabello.

It's you, babe
And I'm a sucker for the way that you move, babe
And I could try to run, but it would be useless
You're to blame
Just one hit of you, I knew I'll never be the same
It's you, babe
And I'm a sucker for the way that you move, babe
And I could try to run, but it would be useless
You're to blame
Just one hit of you, I knew I'll never ever, ever be the same

~~

We arrived at a diner and the moment we walked in, the sweet aroma of freshly brewed coffee enveloped me and it made me think about the coffee at Starbucks and Tess. I missed her so much. She called me a few times and I told her about everything that has been going on and assured her that I was okay.

We found seats beside the huge glass windows and I tried to ignore the fact that there were few people pointing at our table and speaking in hushed tones . I was mentally trying to guess if it was me or Logan that they were talking about .

" So..." Logan started when the waiter had taken our orders. " How was your day ?"

" It was pretty normal. Nothing special happened." I answered casually, trying to not meet his eyes.

" Except the guy that was hitting on you at the shop."

" You mean Mark?"

" So that's his name, Mark." Logan leaned against his chair and folded his arms with an annoying smirk on his face. " It's obvious he likes you."

I was about to get defensive and say that Mark and I were just friends and that's what we would ever be but instead I decided to play a little game with him. I shrugged. " Maybe he does ,"

As expected the smirk disappeared from Logan's face and was replaced with a serious expression . He leaned forward and took my hand. " Do you... do you have feelings for him?"

I laughed obviously enjoying Logan in this vulnerable state. " No, I don't."

I mean I'm obviously still in love with you.

I watched as relief washed over his face. " Emma, I'm serious about what I said the other day. I still love you and I believe we can work this out if we give it a try."

" Logan, I..." I was interrupted by Logan's cellphone ringing continuously.

He answered the call and when after a few seconds he stood up. " Excuse me, I have to take this."

" Okay." I replied as I waited patiently for the food we had ordered to arrive and apparently it was taking forever. What a day to forget to eat breakfast.

As I looked at some old pictures on my phone, I heard the sound of bubble gum pop and I looked up to see a dark haired waiter with a tray of our food. That's when I looked closely and saw that it was none other than Allison Reid .

" Allison?" I asked, still in a state of shock. Maybe I was seeing someone else.

" Um, how the fuck do you know my name?" She asked rudely as she chewed her gum noisily. She looked closely and I think that's when she recognized me. " Wait...Emma Durson?"

" Yeah. You work here?" I was still bewildered . Allison Reid was working at a Coffee shop? It's not like there's anything wrong with working at a diner  but you know when there's a mean girl in high school with rich parents and all the guys at school all over her especially your long time crush ? Well you kinda expect that after college they end up working in some huge company or married to some rich dude in L.A or maybe they become a celebrity. I don't know, anything but working at a diner.