45🌸.

Song - Birthday by Anne Marie.

It's my birthday
I'ma do what I like
I'ma eat what I like
I'ma kiss who I like
It's my birthday
I'am do what I like
I'ma wear what I like
I'ma party tonight...

~~

" And you can't use swear words here, this is a children's party." I gave Tess a stern look.

" Noted." she smiled sheepishly.

The guests started arriving so I left Tess and Sylvia to welcome them in while I went upstairs to prepare Avery for her grand entrance.

" Are you nervous baby?" I asked Avery who was in the room with me. She hadn't gone downstairs to see the hall and how everything was decorated just  because it was a surprise for her.

" Not really," She paused. " Well yeah. I'm scared to be five."

" Why?"

" I don't know . Maybe because I'll be older ." She replied sweetly but she had a worried expression on her face.

" Don't be scared baby. Just forget about everything and focus on today." I looked down at her. I couldn't kneel to her level because of my dress. " Today is your day and it's a really special day, you know why?"

" Why?"

" Because you're turning 5! And five is a very special number so that means you're a very special girl."

" I am?"

" Yes you are baby and don't you forget it."

She smiled from ear to ear. " I won't ."

A knock came from the door and Sylvia put her head through. " Emma it's time. You know the formation."

" Yes ," I nodded realizing I was still very nervous. I was going to be walking Avery into the hall in front of all those famous, rich people. No matter how many times I've been in their presence, I still needed to get used to it.

" Okay birthday girl, let's do this."

Alex and Jason were waiting outside the door when Avery and I walked out.

" You look really beautiful, sis." Alex kissed Avery's cheek and she giggled.

" You too Emma." Jason added.

" Thanks Jace."I replied . " You both look lovely."

" I know ,"
" Thanks." Alex and Jace replied simultaneously.

" Um , hey Emma." She hesitated a bit . "Can I ask you a question?"

" Sure." I told her .

" In Private." She narrowed her eyes at me and whispered.

" Okay. I'll be back soon Avery," I told Avery as I followed her into her room which was the closet .

" Are you pregnant?" She blurred out just as we got inside.

I froze in the spot. You know when they say "Cat caught your tongue?" This was that moment for me. If the whole world knew I was pregnant, I felt okay but knowing that Alex has somehow found out almost made me want to faint. How did she even find out? Did Logan tell her ? I knew that was the last thing he would do . I wondered if she had told her other siblings . Did she hate me all over again? Has she been pretending to be nice to me all morning? Oh God I wasn't ready for Alex to change towards me . I was just getting used to her accepting and loving me . I knew how much I had to endure when she hated me and the last thing I wanted was for her to go back to hating me .