9🌸.

Song- This is us by Jimmie Allen and Noah Cyrus.

'Cause it was just you and that was just me
And that was just the way that it used to be
And we were just kids back then tryna figure out what it was
No, it wasn't that bad but could've been better
If only back then we'd have been together
But it was just you and that was just me
Before we found love
Now this is us...

First of all I asked, " Um Dad. Are you sure you can take this? I don't want to say anything that would trigger um..."

His eyes looked eager and impatient as he interrupted me. " I'm fine Emma. You don't have to worry about me at all . You got a strong man right here. Come on, say what what you want to say."

Logan took my hand and I closed my eyes for a moment and took in a deep breath. " Logan isn't just my friend. We are sort of together."

Dad's eyebrows creased like he was trying to put facts together. " Together like in a relationship?"

" Yes ."

He looked confused. " But you told me at the hospital that you haven't been seeing anyone."

" That's because Logan and I weren't exactly together then." I replied.

" I don't understand, Emma."

" That's what we're here to explain." Logan said.

There was a long , very awkward silence after we told him everything. The look on his face showed that he was trying to put the words together in his head . First it was a distant look , then his eyes were hard on Logan .

" I'm sorry I lied to you at the hospital." I don't know what else to say.

His eyes softened. " No need to apologize baby, If anybody should be apologizing it's me. I'm sorry your mother and I put so much pressure on you and I'm sorry for what you had to go through in the hands of those dimwits called the press . If only I was around..."

" Don't blame yourself Dad." I cut him short. " It wasn't your fault you were sick."

" Emma is right. I have already pressed charges for defamation of character and I promise you that whoever did this will be found."

" Okay." Dad said still looking like he wasn't convinced. He shook his head and breathes out some air then he stares hard at Logan . " You say you love my daughter?"

Logan squeezes my hand and turned to look at me with his eyes shining . " Yes, I'm very much in love with her."

Dad eyes moved to me. " And you love him?"

" Yes Dad, I do." I answered without hesitation.

" Well then that's settled but there is one thing. I would like to speak to each of you privately. So Logan would you please excuse us?"

" Alright." Logan said as he got up and walked inside.

Dad took my hand and his eyes locked with mine. " Emma, I know you're a smart girl but I can't believe you let him pay all our debts. I was in the hospital, not dead. I can't let him think that I can't take care of my family."

" Dad, we were going to loose the house. We needed the money ASAP and even if I had worked two jobs, I still wouldn't have gotten half of the money. Logan was our only hope and believe me , I didn't know when he paid off everything but I promised to pay him back every single dime. We had a fundraiser event a few days ago to sell mums flowers and from the money we made , It was enough to pay back part of the money we owe Logan."