20 - A Sleepy Confession

I couldn't help but jump at every sound, frightened something was going to run in the doors. I had my sword resting in my lap as I closely watched the doors. The house was too silent, I thought I'd maybe hear the footsteps of the boys above me but I heard nothing. Confused I attempted to stand up but fell right back down.

I cursed at myself and rested my head on the wooden wall behind me.

'What do I do?' I thought to myself. Honestly, I felt completely useless.

'I am always the one dragging the group down, they always have to look after me.' I sighed shaking my head.

'Don't think negatively!' I scolded and attempted to stand up once again.

This time I didn't fall down, and I took a step forward. Pain shot through my body and I cringed but still continued on. Limping I made it to the door and slowly stepped down the risen room, I knew this would be a bad idea but I couldn't just sit around. Even if I couldn't fight a demon head-on, I still needed to escape this house and protect Nezuko.

I made my way down the long hallways, being very cautious as I stepped.

I stopped walking when I heard something scurry behind me. I spun around pointing my blade expecting something but saw nothing. I straightened up and scanned the room, I heard no heartbeats. I decided to continue but immediately regretted it when something grabbed me by the hair.

I was thrown into the ground and dragged backward. I gasped when it lifted me up so we were face to face. It smiled at me tightening its grip on my hair.

I cried out in pain as my hair was tugged, I already had a headache and this just made it worse. Acting quickly I pulled my blade up and cut all the hair I could escaping its grasp. I plopped onto the ground but jumped right back up slicing off the demons arm.

It cried in pain falling onto the ground. I towered over the creature pointing its blade at its neck. I ended his life by cutting his head off, the beast's body went limp as he turned into ashes. I frowned and bowed my head before turning around and carrying on, hoping to get out before I could in any more fights.

------

My prayers were answered as I found an exit. I walked out of the front door hoping to be met with everyone, but I wasn't. I widened my eyes at the sight of Zenitsu being kicked in the face by the pig-man, my friend was clinging onto Nezuko's box for dear life.

"GET UP AND FIGHT!" I heard the masked boy say but Zenitsu didn't budge. I took a step forward making my presence known.

"What's happening?!" I exclaimed and they both looked over at me.

"He won't move, and there is a demon in that box!" He yelled and I sighed.

I began to walk forward but the shirtless boy pointed his sword at me.

"IF THIS GUY WON'T FIGHT ME YOU WILL!" He screeched and I inhaled sharply.

"Fight-? I-" I began but he cut me off with screaming.

"FINE! I'll fight with you!" I said instantly regretting my words.

"Y/N, YOU CANT!" Zenitsu yelled but I just smiled at him.