9 - Muzan?

Fluttering my eyes open I slowly began to take in the area around me. The pitch black puddle was massive inside; almost like an endless dark room. My legs dangled as I floated in the cold water. In a panic, I reached for my sword but nothing was there. I had let go of my sword by accident, I had no way to defend myself.

It was difficult to breathe, I gasped for air taking in any bit of oxygen I could. I clutched my chest as I began to look around the room for any type of opening.

'I can barely breathe-' I thought and began to swim up.

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud shout.

"Y/N, Stay put!"

I looked up and saw Tanjirou swimming towards me. My heart skipped as I gasped stretched my hand towards him. He quickly grabbed it and pulled me into him.

"Y/N!" he exclaimed "are you okay?"

I nodded and he tightened his grip on me. I felt safe in his arms, a warm feeling filled my chest.

I once again took in our surroundings to realize the two demons from earlier had followed us under.

"Don't let go, " he demanded and I nodded tightening my grip on his Haori. Once I was secure he removed his hand from my hip and put it back on his sword.

"Breath of water sixth style:

Whirl-pool"

The slash created a giant gust of air which made the surrounding water spiral into a whirl-pool like barrier. It didn't take long for the two demons to loose their footing and get swept away into the attack. The force of the water ripped the demons to shreds, leaving only a bit of their clothing floating around.

When it was safe Tanjirou turned and have me my sword, which was in his sheath. It seems when he came after me he must've found it and held onto to it for me.

"Thank you-" I choked out quickly raising my hand to shield my mouth.

Just like me he was struggling to breathe. He quickly grabbed my hand and swam upwards pulling me behind him.

Once we emerged from the puddle he screamed out for Nezuko who was engaging with the final demon. She had a scratch on her forehead which was dripping blood, but she ignored it throwing punch after punch at the demon.

'He left Nezuko to come get me?' I thought gripping the handle of my sword.

'I just slowed the two down-' I shook my head.

Right now was not the time to be upset. I took a deep breath and ran past Nezuko and guarded Kazumi and the girl.

Tanjirou jumped in the fight knocking the final demon off his feet. He used his sword to back the demon against the wall, then slowly raised his sword to point it at the demon.

"Tell me who Muzan Kibutsuji is."

My ears perked up, 'Muzan?' I questioned.

The demons angry face quickly morphed into fear as he began to shake pleading for Tanjirou to kill him. He kept repeating how he couldn't say a thing.

Tanjirou ended up chopping his head off with a disappointed look on his face. I watched in confusion but my thoughts were interrupted by the throbbing pain in my leg. I clutched my leg as the cut from earlier began to hurt again,

"Y/N!" Tanjirou yelled as he ran over to me. He dropped to the ground in front of me and ripped the bottom of his haori. He then tied it around my leg and smiled at me.

I looked away in shame, my thoughts from earlier replaying in my head.

"Y/N, is something wrong?" He questioned but I avoided his gaze.

Tanjirou poked at my cheek which made me grumble and finally meet his eyes.

"If something is wrong tell me.." He mumbled.

I frowned but finally answered him.

"I'm sorry I was only in the way," I said my frown evident. "Because of me Nezuko got injured, and you too."

"What do you mean?!" He replied. His eyebrows were furrowed in confusion.

"I do regret Nezuko getting hurt, but that's not your fault!" He gave me a kind smile.

His words didn't convince me as I sat on the ground and sulked.

"Tanjirou, maybe we should split up.."

"I am only in the way."

———————

:0 drama

I don't like this chapter at all it was super rushed I'm sorry ):

also a quick thing ' means thoughts "means talking

IDK if that makes sense but yuh I also put her thoughts in italic fonts!

Tysm for 1.7k reads 💖