30. Ahead

It's okay to fall, but remember to get back up

"I'm really sorry to delay your journey, Sapphire," Citrine told the girl as they saw her off.

Lairon and Combusken sat on a mat at the side, munching on a pile of Poffins. Lairon and Whismy challenged each other over the spicy ones in an eating contest, whilst Lotty and Combusken shared theirs in relative peace.

Citrine, sitting on her wheelchair, watched the scene fondly. Sapphire stepped onto Donphan as they prepared to set off again.

"It's no problem for me! You really take good care of yourself, okay?" Sapphire pumped a fist, "thanks for those, though! They've never had anything other than Berries in a while."

"It's the least I can do," Citrine smiled. "Have a safe journey herein, Sapphire!"

Their meeting was brief, and they didn't really hit it off, but it was a pleasant meeting nonetheless. It was a simple passer-by's meeting, and after a short favour and return, they parted ways.

Short and sweet.

"Now then, it's about time we get going too," Citrine turned to her Pokemon.

Lombre and Loudred perked up, not too sure what lay in store herein. They cleaned up the Poffins, wrapping them up neatly in a pack before tucking it into the pouch of Citrine's wheelchair.

-

Rydel cried. Sobbed like a baby.

"Are you really leaving?" he whined, "are you really okay? Must you leave so soon?"

Citrine smiled awkwardly.

He had come to see the girl as a daughter to be cared for and pampered. Citrine wasn't exactly uncomfortable having a sugar daddy around, but independence was something she had to garner for herself soon.

"I've troubled you enough," she told them, resolved, "I want to go back out there and become stronger on my own. It's something I can't do while I'm still here."

Because she didn't set out on this journey simply to research Berries-- she set out to see the world, to explore, and to grow.

She can't let herself stagnate after one failure!

"I want to be independent!" Citrine told them, "so I'm going to challenge the world out there again."