3) A Blue Velvet Room

The Peacekeepers motion for us to get off the stage. I walk down the steps with David, and then all of the sudden Peacekeepers appear in front of us. I look back, they're behind us too. They're driving us forward, toward the Justice Hall. 

Once we get there, they lead us through to an elevator in the back. They push David in with me, and a Peacekeeper climbs in and stands in the back corner. Then the doors close, and we're slowly going up.

"You could've smiled, you know. Tried to act likable. Instead you just stood there and glared at everyone. That's not how you're going to get sponsors. You have to act likable for a change," David says, looking at me.

I glare at him. "You looked like an idiot," I told him, "standing there smiling and waving at the camera. Like being reaped is something to be happy about."

He just smiles at me. "Fine then. But when you don't have any sponsor gifts, don't expect me to let you have any of mine."

Just then the elevator stops, and the doors open. "Out," the Peacekeeper says, pushing us forward.

We're in a blue carpeted hallway. There are three doors. One straight ahead, one on the left, and one on the right. The peacekeeper points to the door on the right.

"Brooks, in there. Reed, go in the left room." he says.

"Bye," David says to me, as he goes into the room.

"Bye," I say back, but he's already inside.

"Brooks! Go!" the Peacekeeper says.

I walk inside the room. It's full of blue furniture. Blue couch, blue chairs, blue lamps. Even the walls and carpet are blue. I go and sit on the couch. It's velvet. A blue velvet room.

Just then, the door opens. "Hailey!" my best friend shouts. She runs across the room toward me, throwing her arms around my neck. "Angel," I say back.

"Fifteen minutes," the Peacekeeper says.

Angel looks like a mess. Her blue dress is dirty, and her brown hair came out of the twist it was in this morning.

"Angel, what happened to you?" I ask, looking for more damage.

"It's nothing, I ran all the way here to see you. I fell. That's it. But we only have fifteen minutes, okay? Let's talk about more important things," She says, sitting down on the couch.

I sit down next to her. "You shouldn't have tried to volunteer for me. You were lucky they didn't make you go up there because you said part of it."

"I guess I am. But I don't want you to die. You're my best friend."

"I know. You're my best friend, too. But I think you already know that." I say. I look at her, and she's crying. "Why are you crying?!" 

"Because you might die, stupid!" She says.

"I'm not going to die! I'm going to win. I'm going to come home a victor."

"That's the spirit." 

"No! I'm serious! I'm going to try to win, and become a victor! I'm not just going to lay down and die in there! I'm going to try my hardest to win!"

"Of course you are," Angel says, smiling at me. "Why didn't you let me volunteer for you?"

"Because you have a family that needs you! You're the best fisherman I've ever seen. They need you, Angel. No one needs me. I'm on my own."

"I guess you're right... But you're not on your own. Everyone knows you're pretty much a part of my family. You're like my sister." she says.

I just smile at her. 

That's when the Peacekeeper comes in. "Your fifteen minutes are up." he says.

"I'll see you later, Angel." I say, as she gets up off the couch.

"I'll see you later." she replies.