43//The Pain

Vanessa POV:

The doctor entered as well as all the boys. I wanted to say something and hug them all but i couldn't move at all!

"Good morning. I see she is already awake." The doctor stated pointing his gaze at me.

"What?!" All the boys chorused.

"Vanessa!!!" Luke yelled as he quickly paces to me.

I gave him a little smile as they all filed up for a hug.

"She is very weak. She needs rest. She will be here for one more week. She can be on her way home since her cancer has actually, amazingly, gone half away. I think she just needed rest.

"What?" I said with all my energy and my jaw now hurts because of the sudden movement.

"I have...cancer? Stage what?" I started with more energy put into that as i still felt very weak.

"Ummm...Stage 4 dear, but it is now half gone." The doctor started. "The medicine and long rest helped. And also the meals. You will feel very tired, trust me, only because your lungs is still taking in all that shots now that you are awake. You will be fine dear. You just can't move and talk without feeling tired for just a week." The doctor explained as i just stared at him trying to take in all the information I'm receiving.

"Kay." is all i could mutter out.
The doctor pulled them all to the side and me just sitting here. I catch only a few words like, "she cant" and "shots per day..." is all i got.

I wonder what's happening.
------
Alliyah POV:

The doctor pulled me and the boys to the side.

"Okay, guys, i have to tell you something that you must promise not to tell Vanessa. Ever. Okay. Because it might make her panic." He started.

"Okay." we all chorused in a whispered voice.

"Vanessa, she can't bear the water in her lungs. Her body is giving up on her and her cancer is now on a roll and not stopping. The shots per day that we gave her are not working. Her body and immune system is not responding. If you are ready, i can tell you the other, very depressing news..." he stops.

"Please tell us. We need to know." Luke still whispers.

"Vanessa, you see, she can't live for too long. I told her that she was getting better so she would have a boost in happiness. Her lungs are really giving up on her and her blood is draining down fast. No amount of medicine can save her now. Since her lungs is not working properly, her entire system is effected. You have to understand that, that, she can live for only 2-3 months from now." He finished.

Tears started dripping down my cheeks. As well as all the boys.

"Thank you doctor." we all chorused as he left the room.

"Boys," i gather them to the corner again.

"What?" Calum starts.

"We have to act like everything is fine and make her last 2-3 months worth while, since she will be out in a week." I started.

"Okay, so we act like everything is fine with her and avoid her from getting tired and stuff and let her have fun?" Michael summarised.

"Yes." i said.

"So, it's a plan?" I asked.

"Deal." they all chorused in a hushed tone.

We all walked to Vanessa.

"Whats up." she said obviously in pain.

"You can leave in one week, yay!" I said trying to hide my tears.

"Yay! What did the doctor say?" She tries her best to say. It came out very soft but she tried her best.

"Umm...he just said that you have to eat more, i mean, you look like a skeleton!" Ash joked.

Vanessa lets out a small giggle that i can see is also hurting her. I feel so sorry. No Alliyah, don't cry. We can make her remaining days memorable. I promise!
____________
Okay, i know its very sad. But trust me, things might get better...NO MORE SPOILERS! Hehe. Thank you for helping me reach 32 K!! I have a goal...can we get this to 50 K reads by the time i finish the book? I think we can do that coz i have quite a bit more chapters to go!! We can do it!! I love you!! Vote, Comment, keep on reading!!
Loves, Gayle xx