The Girl Lost In Time Part 10

Part 10~.

The childhood fear that I felt during nightmares came rushing back. Squinting your eyes to prevent yourself from seeing the demon infront of you. You hide under those sheets, hugging yourself tightly. I was scared, frightened.

Suddenly life seems relight Williams lungs as I heard the large gasp for air. Instantly, he sat up straight, holding my cheeks tightly, noses still in contact. For a split second, time seem to slow down as our faces were held together and the world around us was perishing. Then, I opened my eyes, I found him looking at me, still foreheads pressed. "Jane, we have to get out,"

Then, time speed up again as we rush to the startled horse as they fling their hooves in the musky air. He lifted me onto shadow and ran back to scurry on his. "Go Jane, follow he clearing," he demanded as he pointed to an unlit path way. I aggressively kicked shadows rib cage in panic, taking her off into a speedy gallop as she jumped over fallen trees and ran through thick smoke. I heard the faint echo of William behind me.

The cracking of bark was amplified; the sound seemed harsher than ever until the reason became reality. A large oak fell on a wave of other, smaller trees. Destroying, making its own personal pathway out of the broken spines of trunks. Each splinter of wood was alight as the oaks force hit the ground. Only a few feet in front of me, I saw it. The death of yet another treasure that was torn from the woodlands heart. "William! The paths blocked," I shouted over my shoulder as shadow hurled her front legs in to the air. Although, the boy that seemed so brave looked uncertain.

"William!" I repeated, screaming with what voice I have left.

He then looked up at me, eyebrows low.

"Get off your horse," he asked me sternly.

"What? Are you insane, we will never get out?"

"Jane! I'm not asking, I'm telling you, now get off the horse," William ordered with his fierce eyes of burning water as he slung himself off the horse and let the rains go. I mirrored him, sliding off Shadow still keeping in contact with his gaze. I then also freed her, both horses running into the smoke.

"Good, now quick, we have to follow them!" Williams said as his tight grip entrapped my hand, pulling me behind him as we began to run, following the stallion and mare.

As we entered that smoke, the breath of Satan escaping into our lungs, I tried desperately not to breath in the poison. All of a sudden Williams pace slowed down, his face was concentrated as he heard the sounds of the fire around us. "Jane! Look out!" was the first thing I heard after that as he threw himself over me, sheltering me from a falling branch that fell a meter is from of us. Steaming hot flakes flew through air and over Williams back.

"Go Will, Go, Quick," I panicked as I shoved his weight off me and again he grabbed my hand and ran. We were fighting for survival, running from that flaming claw that reached out, trying to trap us, reliving my childhood nightmares. My legs ached and started to fail me as I was contently loosing my balance as I ran. Even so, I persisted, running through that thick blanket of ash.

Then finally I could see it, rather than a light at the end of the tunnel, I saw the darkness. The darkness of unlit ground, free from fire. I felt saved until I felt that cracking, but not fire but my bone. I screamed in agony as the fire did not give up the fight. A large branch fell onto my leg, the steaming, molten bark eating away at my skin. "Will! Go!" I would like to of have thought at least one life was saved.

"Jane!" He ran straight over to the branch, grasping the log with his bare hands as it scolded his palms. Eventfully, my leg was freed but my freedom to walk was limited. I tried so hard to move my leg but it had completely paralysed. There was nothing left in me. I looked up at William, giving him the sign to go but no. "I'm not leaving you here Jane!" he wept as he scooped me up into his arms.

The fire around us may have scared and gave us wounds but it didn't defeat us, we escaped as William carried me out of the woodland and onto a large empty field just on the outskirts.

"Are you okay?" he whispered, collapsing onto his knees whist my head rested in his arms. All I could remember was his misty eyes as he combed his fingers through my loose hair. I smiled. We were free.

(and another short part, Im sorry, needed to round it up ..again but yeah, tell me what you think should happen next :)