Chapter 16) The Prophecy

●●●

Pictured Above:
Lord Lutho (Left)
Queen Sidero (Middle)
Princess Cleo (Right)
Art by me, June 2021

●●●

     That same night, us five walked from the woods back to my house, briefly parting ways from Veronica. She went to her house to grab some things and clean up.

     In my living room, Cameron was crouched down with his good hand on a table, eye level with the cake. "Holy shit." He whispered in delight, "The cake is chocolate! I think I'm gonna cry. This has been the best day of my life! Lookin' at dead bodies n' eatin' choco cake!"

     I made a face as I looked at him, "You are the weirdest person on this entire planet."

     "And you're just figuring this out now?" Dominik asked.

     "Well, obviously not. He's weird, certainly, but who in their right mind puts looking at dead, mutilated bodies on their list of fun things to do?"

     "Who in their right mind would jump off a cliff to retrieve a camera? You think Cameron's head isn't on backwards?"

    "You're right, Dominik, Cameron isn't the weirdest person on the entire planet. What I said was an understatement. Cameron, you are the weirdest person in the whole universe."

    "Why, thank you!" He said, pushing off of the table to stand up, "I take that as a compliment!"

"Of course you do." Kimi said, "Is there anything that you take as an insult?"

"Being insulted is for the weak!" He said, crossing his arms as best he could while fixing his posture, standing up straight with his head in the air.

"So is breaking bones." Kai said, "You have weak bones."

"I bet if you were the one to fall off the cliff, you'd break more than just bones! You'd be dead!" Cameron pointed at Kai, "I'm stronger than you, bat boy!"

"Bat boy?" Kai said, amused.

"Hat man!" Cameron said, flicking Kai's baseball cap off of his head.

"I know that I carry a bat and a hat around all the time, but I don't think it warrants becoming a nickname." Kai said, turning around to retrieve it.

"I do!" Kimi said.

"Okay, cat girl." Kai said, putting the hat back on.

"A Bat, a Hat, and a Cat... Hm, Funny how that is!" Dominik said, emphasizing the 'at' in that.

"This is the worst conversation we've ever had." Cameron said.

"That's what happens when I start talking." Kai said.

Shortly after, a knock came from my front door. Everyone turned to look. I assumed that is was Veronica finally coming over, so I got up from the couch to let her inside.

The person at the door was not Veronica.

"Hiya, Emeline Orman!" The Overly cheerful golden blonde girl exclaimed.

"A-Annabelle? What- what are you... Why're you at my house?" I turned around to look at my friends, who all looked just as confused as I was.

"Well, duuh, I heard that it was your birthday tomorrow! You are having a little party tonight, yes?"

"I- uh- how... how did you know that?"

"Oh, silly, silly, questions, Emeline Orman! When is Veronica Melbrew going to arrive?"