Chapter Seven

Belle and Happy were walking down the hall. To where, Belle wasn't sure, but she didn't care as long as Mason and Baron weren't there. Happy has managed to make her cheerful enough to forget about being kidnapped for a short while, she really didn't need either of them to ruin the small illusion for her. "So, feel like sharing something with me now?" Happy asked eagerly, "Just one thing? Please?"

Belle looked at her with a surprised look, "Why do you want to know about me?"

"It's something that I like to do!" Happy answered cheerfully, "I've always asked our prisoners-slash-hostages personal questions because I wanted to know what their lives were like before we totally wrecked 'em!"

'Wow,' Belle thought, 'She is certainly very blunt.' Belle hesitated, then decided that she may as well answer Happy's questions. Her gaze went soft as she looked at the girl, 'Not like I'm able to talk about anything personal with anyone else.' "Alright," Belle asked, "...What would you like to know?"

Happy gasped with delight, "Yes! Okay, first question is one I asked earlier! Who do you live with?"

Belle gave a small chuckle at her enthusiasm, then looked to the floor. "... I live alone."

Happy looked at her strangely, "Really? No friends or family? No boyfriend or fiancé or husband to go home to every night?"

"No. I do have friends, but they don't live with me."

"Not even a pet?" Happy asked, a bit dismayed."

"My apartment complex doesn't allow pets, sadly." Belle said, mock-remorse in her tone. Happy giggled at that, then looked at Belle with an amazed gaze, "You're the first prisoner we've ever had with none of those things... And the first one who's a girl, now that I think about it!"

Belle gave her a half-worried-half-amused look and asked, "Is that a bad thing?"

Happy hummed an 'I don't know' and twirled, "It can be, if you want to have someone in your life."

"I guess you're right."

The two laughed and Happy turned to the right and walked down another hall, beckoning Belle to follow her. 'This place is like a maze,' Belle thought in semi-wonder, 'I'm almost glad that I have to be escorted, or else I'd have to use a gps to find the room I'm staying in.'

"Next question!" Happy clapped her hands, "Who's your best friend?"

Belle smiled softly, "Her name is Lillian, she and I have been friends since fifth grade."

...

It was fifth-grade, Belle was at recess hanging upside-down from the monkey bars. She would come up here to hide from the other kids. She was new to the school, and they all thought that she was weird because of her blue-purple hair. No one wanted to play with her. It was always like this, until one day, when a girl nearly ran into her. The girl had grey eyes. "Hello," She said, "My name is Lillian! What's yours?"

...

Belle's smile grew wider, "She was my first real friend."

"That's awesome!" Happy nearly shouted, "I've always liked the name Lillian!"

"Happy, are you telling stories again?" someone interrupted their conversation. Belle looked up to see Fredrick holding a teacup in his hand, there was steam coming from it. It smelled like tea. "No," Happy said in mock-offense, "I just think Lillian is a pretty name!"

Fredrick chuckled, "I'm sure you do."

The man looked at Belle, "Baron is throwing quite the fit looking for you, I suggest that you find your way back to your room. Quickly, might I add, if you want to avoid his wraith."