Chapter Twenty-Seven

Belle ran.

She didn't even slow down or stop when the others called out to her or almost collided with her in the hallways.

When she got to her room she opened the door as quick as she could without stopping, ran inside, then slammed it shut. Baron actually jumped at the feeling of the shaking wall he was leaning on. He stood up straight and looked at the door, confused. 'Was that her?'

The lawyer never slammed doors, as far as he knew. Hell, she never even argues. If that was her, then why did she slam the door? Then he saw the doorknob. There was a red handprint smeared on the silver sphere. "Fu-."

"Baron!"

The big man looked up and saw Fredrick, Flynn, Happy, and Bradley running down the hallway. "Baron, have you seen Belle?" Happy asked urgently. Baron didn't respond to them. He opened the door and walked inside, the others following. Flynn and Fredrick noticed the bloody doorknob on the way in. Belle was sitting by the bed, trembling as she held out her hand in front of her. There was a worrying amount of blood on it.

"Belle?" Happy cried.

Fredrick said, "I'll get Tyreke." before running out the door. Baron didn't move. Bradley didn't move either. He stood frozen behind Happy, his gazed fixed on Belle's hand in shock. Flynn knelt down and pulled Bradley into a hug, blocking him from seeing the lawyer. Happy dropped onto the ground in front of Belle and started shaking her shoulder. When Belle gasped in pain, Happy pulled her hand away. Instead of touching her, Happy tried talking to Belle, attempting to keep her calm.

Less than a minute later, Tyreke ran into the room with Fredrick behind him. Happy scrambled out of the way as Tyreke took her place on the floor. "Belle? Can you hear me?" He asked loudly, throwing down his first-aid kit. He began pulling different things out and looked at Flynn, "Get Bradley out of here! Happy, you too!"

"But-!"

"No buts! You can't be in here, you won't be able to remain calm!" Tyreke yelled. Flynn carries Bradley out of the room, Happy sadly following him. Baron closed the door and blocked it to make sure no one else entered. "Fredrick, can you help me? I think she's in shock." The medic stated more calmly. "Of course." Fredrick responded, "What can I do?"

"Try getting her attention. We need her with us before I have to check her for any stab wounds or bullet holes."

Fredrick nodded and gently took hold of Belle's other shoulder. He used his other hand to turn bring her head up and turn it towards them. "Miss Belle, are you hurt? Why are you bleeding?"

Belle blinked tears out of her eyes and shook her head. Tyreke paused what he was doing. "You're not hurt?" He asked, sparing a glance at Fredrick. Belle shook her head again. "If you're not hurt," Baron said from the doorway, "then why is there blood on your hand? And why did it look like Happy hurt your shoulder?"

"My shoulder's just sore... and the blood's not mine..." she whimpered. Fredrick removed his hands. "Who's blood is it?" He asked. Belle buried her head in her knees and whispered, "Mason."

The three males in the room had their eyes wide in shock. Fredrick and Tyreke looked at each other with uncertainty. "It's... Mason's blood?" Tyreke asked in confirmation. Belle nodded. "You should help him," she said in a small voice, "He's in his office."

Tyreke hesitantly nodded at Fredrick, who nodded back in agreement. Baron moved out of the way as the two stood up and silently left. He closed the door again and stood in front of it in hesitation. Then, slowly, he made his way over to Belle. He sat down beside her and hesitated again. 'Why the Hell am I doing this?' He mentally scolded himself, 'Have you gone soft?'