Home

Chapter 74:

It was the same everyday.

My mother, Link, Rhett, and sometimes Jessie, would come to visit me. It made me feel happy that I was loved by them so much, but I also felt like I was a burden to them.

They never did anything but come to a stupid hospital to chat with me. One day, I finally asked them about it.

"Why do you guys come here?" Jessie, Link, and Rhett looked at me as if I were insane.

"We come to be with you." Rhett said, making it sound obvious.

Link added to that. "Yeah, we come to give you company, and to make sure you're okay."

Jessie nodded at what the boys had said. I sighed before replying. "I know. I get that. But, you guys could just call, you know. Why should you guys have to be stuck in here everyday just because I'm hurt?"

Silence surrounded us. Everyone looked at me, making me feel self conscious. I turned my head and looked out the window.

The wind blew through the trees like music in a symphony. The sun was hidden by a few clouds, but it's light still flickered on the ground below. I was snapped out my trance by my doctor.

"You should all be happy to know that Kamille will be able to leave some time this week." Everyone, especially Link, smiled.

"Thank you, so much." I said as she checked her clip board.

She smiled back at me and replied, "You're very welcome. It was nice having such a good patient."
.
.
.
I went home later that week.

As soon as I got home, Link came to my house. My mother left to get some groceries, so it was just me and him. He helped me do everything; from cooking, to cleaning my mess, to just getting me some water.

"You know, I'm not paralyzed." I said with a laugh. Link sat back down and handed me my water cup that he had just previously retrieved for me.

"True, but you were hurt. And it was my fault. So, I'm repaying you for putting you in so much pain." His eyes sparkled as usual, making me fall for him all over again.

I scooted a little bit closer to Link and said, "You could repay me with something else."

He smiled before moving his eyes down to my lips. He smashed his lips to mine, and I pushed back. He moved his hands to my hips; I moved mine to his cheeks. Our heads moved slowly as we continued to keep our lips connected.

I pulled away quickly, saying, "I love you, more than anything in the world."

I kissed him again, but he pulled away. "I love you more."

I giggled. "Definitely not. I love you most."

"I'm in love with you, Kami May." I smiled before pushing my lips to Link's again. My force was so powerful, that Link fell onto the sofa. I collapsed on top of him, making us both laugh.

"Sorry." I said, still giggling. I tried to sit up, but Link pulled me back down.

"Don't be." He kissed me again, but it was interrupted with the sound of the front door opening.

We immediately sat up and straightened ourselves out. My mother walked in with paper grocery bags in both hands. "Link, could you be a dear and get the other groceries that are still in my car please?"

"Yes ma'am." Link smiled at me before going outside to get the rest.

"So, how's it going?" My mother asked with a grin.

I stood up and walked to the kitchen to help her put food away. "Fine. Why do you ask?" I tried not to sound too obvious that we were making-out on the couch.

"Because you haven't stopped smiling since I got here." My mother caught me. "Spill it."