Findings

Chapter 58:

They both stood up quickly, pulling me along with them.

"Where are we going?" I asked. I had no idea what they were going to do.

"Get on your bike and follow us." Rhett replied flatly, jumping onto his bike.

That didn't answer my question, so I asked a follow up. "Why?"

"Kami May," Link spoke this time, and he held his hand out in front of me. "Do you trust me?"

Flashes of my little six year old self came into my mind, and I smiled at the thought of my life being that simple. "Yes." I nodded as I said this, and Link smiled for the first time in a while.

We got on our bikes, and we rode in silence as I followed them through the woods to my house. Rhett instructed me to unlock my house, and I obeyed. They ran to my room and were surprised to see my once clean room a complete and total disaster.

"I was a little, well, I was a little angry at myself this morning. So, this kind of happened." I said quietly. I was disappointed in myself, but I needed to get my anger out somehow.

"Where's the note?" Link asked, looking around my pig sty of a room.

"Ummm, I don't know. It's probably somewhere underneath this mess." I honestly had no idea where the note could be, if I even had it anymore.

Rhett looked at Link, then at me. "Well, I guess we'll have to dig around to find it, because we need that note."

So, we did. We all took different sections of the room and searched for the mysterious fake note from "Link". I started looking over my desk and around the floor there, while Rhett checked by my bed and Link checked under a giant pile of my clothes.

Link, being as immature as he is, found one of my bras and instinctively put it on over his shirt. Rhett and I looked at him and busted out laughing. It felt good to laugh again. I hadn't done it in what felt like forever.

In my free time I would draw. I did it secretly, and no one, not even Link, knew about it. I really jumped into doing that when I was depressed for breaking up with Link and getting bullied. I would draw what it would be like to hold him again. I would draw the three of us together, or a memory I had; I pretty much drew whatever I wanted again.

Anyway, it was in a book that I kept to myself, but when Rhett found it on my bed, he picked it up and several drawings flew out. He started to pick them up, and realized what I had drawn. I noticed that he was looking at my sketches, and quickly ran over to him and snatched the papers from him, hiding them away in my book.

"Kamille, those were great!" Rhett announced, trying to snatch back my book.

"Those drawings are private; for my eyes only." I was very defensive. No one was supposed to know about my drawing habits. Whenever I wasn't cutting, I drew.

Rhett still had one of the drawings behind his back, and he threw it over to Link so he could see, too. I ran over to him, but he was already looking at the picture by the time I got there. "You drew this?"

I looked towards the floor, and my cheeks turned slightly red. "Yeah..." I said slowly, just above a whisper.

"It's amazing! I love it. I love you." He spoke swiftly, and pulled me into a kiss. I smiled under the kiss, and Rhett continued to look for the note as our moment went on for what felt like hours.

Rhett interrupted a few minutes later. "Guys, I found it."