Chapter 18

I have decided to make Stella and Kelly married for the rest of the book and I want to know if you guys want shorter chapters multiple times a week or longer only twice a week?

Kelly's POV

     I wake up to Stella and I loss my breath. She is so peaceful and beautiful I can't help but stare at her. I don't notice she is up until she kisses me.
Stella: Hey Kelly are you okay you were zoned out there for a while.
Kelly: Yeah I'm fine just stunned at your beauty.
Stella: Your sweet but we have to be at work in a hour and the party is tonight.
Kelly: It is almost 30 degrees out so dress warm.
Stella: Okay. Love you.
Kelly: Love you more.
     I watch her get out of bed and go to the bathroom. She is glowing and her 5 month belly just adds. I get dressed for shift then head to the bathroom to finish getting ready. The whole time I am in the bathroom I stare at Stella. She notices but I don't care. When I am done I grab everything I need to get ready for the gala and put it into the car.
Stella's POV
     I leave the bed and get changed. I do my usual morning routine and change into my shift uniform. I grab an outfit for after and put it into my bag. I finish by grabbing my dress and everything I need and put it into the car. Then we head to shift.
At shift.
We walk in hand in hand and get looks from first shift we just brush it off and head to the locker room. We put our stuff in our lockers and go to the briefing room. We stand at the back and wait for the chief to come in.
Casey: Not much today. We have a new candidate for truck 81 and Severide and Kidd want to tell us the gender.
Kelly. Nope. Not happening.
Chief: Alright get out and someone make breakfast already.
Gabby: I got that covered.
     Brett and I both make a beeline to her and the babies. When we get there both girls have big puffy coats on and skirts with leggings underneath. Addi starts to cry and I grab her and head to my office.
Matt's POV
     Gabby walks in with my girls and I am so happy plus she brought groceries to make breakfast. Stella has Addi and Brett has Ally. They are both spinning images of there mom and beautiful. I kiss Gabby and we head to my office.
Gabby: Hey how is it going.
Matt: Better now that you are here. You want to help me take these car seats to my car.
Gabby: Sure then I will start with breakfast.
Matt: how long are you going to be here.
Gabby: Till Severide and Kidd leave for the gala. I figured if I had to be here why not bring the girls here to.
     We head to the commons and find everyone around the girls.
Matt: Excuse me. Hi my sweet little girls.
     I grab both of them and head to where there mother is. Gabby grabs one and she keeps cooking.
Cruz: Dawson you can cook and hold a baby at the same time.
Gabby: Yes and Stella and Kelly will be able to do it to.
Severide's POV
Everyone was in the kitchen and I found the perfect opportunity to sneak out and head to my office. I got Stella an early Christmas gift and had to hide it in my office. She has been in my office every afternoon to take a nap. She is five months pregnant and I worry about her, but she says she is fine. We've been talking about names for our little girl and have narrowed it down to a few. The guys are coming over in a few days to help me paint the nursery and build the furniture. They are all excited because they think they will find out the gender but they won't because we're painting it grey. I finish hiding the gift and head back into the kitchen. Then we get a call for a cat in a tree and squad heads out.

Stella's POV

I have been feeling pretty good today and I am excited for the gala tonight. A bunch of people will be there and I have a good feeling we will see some old friends. The gala is a big CFD fundraiser and they wanted some people there who are in the CFD and familiar faces. Kelly got invited and he had to bring a plus two and I guess that is me. This pregnancy is getting better and I am not as sick anymore. Kelly and I have decided on a few baby names and the nursery is getting put together this weekend. It has been fun teasing the guys about the gender. I almost told Gabby the other day but I saved it in the end. I am pulled out of my thoughts by a kiss.