𝑫𝒐𝒘𝒏𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍

◢✥◣

◢✥◣

Max guided Hattie through the crowd towards the back of the VIP area, this is where they met up with Chloe, she looked surprised to see Hattie with Max, "Uh- hi, what is she doing here?" Chloe questioned Max, her voice was low.

"I explained the situation to her, she's tagging along so I can prove it," Max said to Chloe and she gave a nod, "Anyway, Nathan isn't here tonight, Hattie said he was acting suspicious and didn't tell her where he was going, nobody else has seen him tonight either," Max was quick to catch Chloe up on what was going on.

"Well, he is definitely no upstairs or in the lockers."

"Damn, maybe he's hiding out in his dorm?" Max looked over at Hattie, trying to confirm her suspicion.

"He wasn't there when I left... He could be there now, I'm not sure," Hattie shrugged her shoulders, she was confused, she was still trying to put the pieces together, she was actually a little scared at the moment.

"Then let's ball, Nathan can't hide anymore," Chloe said before the three of them started to walk towards the exit, but, as they neared it, Mr. Jefferson blocked their way, the way he stared at them was unsettling.

"So, you made it, Max, nice to see you too, Hattie," He nodded to her as he spoke.

"Oh... Hey, Mr. Jefferson," Max seemed uncomfortable, maybe because they were being confronted by him.

"Uh- are you guys okay? Seems like you're on a mission."

Max fiddled with her thumbs and shrugged in response, "I was just looking for Nathan."

Jefferson gave her a smile, "Aha, I didn't know you were pals with him and Hattie," He raised a brow, seeming a little confused, "I haven't seen him since this afternoon, he seemed pretty upset, I think he may still be upset over the whole Kate situation," Hattie looked down at her feet, she felt a hand on her shoulder, this caused her to look back up, Mr. Jefferson looked down at her, "I know how hard this all is for you, you are good for Nathan."

"Yeah, Hattie's great, Kate's situation has been hard on both of us," Max tried to get Jefferson's attention back onto her.

"Let's talk later, Max. I have to announce the winner of the contest, I do wish you would have entered. You have to build up that resume and portfolio, but I know you will," Jefferson finally lifted his hand off of Hattie's shoulder, giving Max a smile..

"Thanks, I hope so." 

"Okay, excuse me, I am almost on," He finally walked away, Chloe grabbed the girl's shoulders once he was out of their sight.

"Let's get the hell out of here, guys," Chloe whispered, they left the VIP area as Mr. Jefferson walked up to the DJ booth, grabbing the microphone. Hattie kept her head down, sighing as she followed them. She didn't know what she was doing following Max Caulfield and this other girl she didn't know around, it was just because Max was making accusations about Nathan that scared her, she was worried about him making bad decisions.