𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎

●▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Max and Hattie stood at the entrance of the Zeitgeist Gallery, they both looked around in absolute awe, the place was huge, not like anything they have ever seen before. Principal Wells was speaking to the receptionist at this moment, Max walked over to him, tapping his shoulder, he turned to look at her, "San Francisco is so cool! And this gallery is huge!" Max said to him in excitement.

Hattie sneakily took a selfie to sent to Nathan, "This place is fuckin amazing! I wish you were here, one day I'll take you here. Love you."

"So is the buffet," Wells joked with Max, "If an event skimps on the food, you know it's a bad event."

"Do they have caviar!?" Hattie asked, excitement in her voice, "I love caviar!"

Max let out a gag, "God, as long as I don't have to eat any."

"This is your guys' day! You can do whatever you want, I hope you take advantage of your status and talk to as many influential people here as possible, work the room!" Wells had a big smile as he pointed around the room.

"I don't know- I feel so weird like I'm a little kid hanging with the adults."

"Oh, Max. After this week, you are certainly not a little kid anymore, same to you Hattie. In fact. You two are noteworthy adults being honored by your peers. Now, you guys have to start acting like the photographers you want to be! Hell, I wanted to be in charge of a big school someday, so, I started taking charge of things when I was young," He let out a small laugh. "Ask my poor classmates, now, Max, I am going to eat up all the caviar so you don't have to," He leaned over to Hattie, "But, I will make sure to save some," He whispered, "You two better get to schmoozing. You know, I won't always be here to take charge, but, you come to talk to me whenever you gals want!" He patted their backs and walked off towards the buffet table. Hattie smiled and checked her phone, and there was no new message from Nathan, was he upset?"

"Come on, Hattie!" Max said, she was excited to explore the floor and look at the art, but, when Hattie didn't move at first and was staring at her phone in silence, she knew something was off. "Hattie?  What's up?"

"Oh- I texted Nathan, he didn't text back yet... Something might be up... I don't know, I'm probably overthinking it-" Hattie fumbled with her bag for a moment, pulling out her sketchbook showing it to Max, in attempts to change the subject, "So, I did this the other day... I think I might be getting my style down, finally. I just have a bad habit of drawing or painting Nathan," She laughed, "But, I figured I would show you... You have a good eye for art, is it good?"

 You have a good eye for art, is it good?"