𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒍

╭⋟────────────────────────╮

Hattie struggled against the ties that were around her wrist, she looked over to Max, the look on her face showed how desperate she was, she was terrified, "I thought you fixed it, Max," Hattie cried, she tried to whisper, but, Jefferson overheard.

He approached her, "What did you say, Hattie?" He questioned her, she stayed silent, looking up at him. She didn't want to relive this. "Jesus, you two were always spacing out in my class," He shook his head in disappointment, "Anyway, answer my question, Max," He walked over to her, leaning forward.

"Eat shit and die!" Max spat at him, it was at this point that her nose begun to bleed, Jefferson got closer to her, examining it, Max struggled to lean her head back away from him, he held onto her head for a moment before he let go, stepping away.

"Hey. Your nose is bleeding, Max... Probably gave you too big of a dose... Sorry about that. Max. But considering that you guys are about to die, a nosebleed is a first-world problem," He let out a spine-shivering chuckle at this remark. Max looked over at Hattie once he said this, she was sympathetic, she didn't want her to live through this again. She didn't deserve to have to keep living through this same scenario. She didn't want her to have to hear about Nathan dying at Jefferson's hands yet again. Jefferson paced around the room, going on a tangent, "You could have won the contest, but you destroyed your own beautiful photograph... What a waste. Sorry, I burned all your tuff, I got a little carried away."

Max shook her head, this time, she didn't know what to do, she had no clues. Hattie was crying in her chair, looking lost and scared, "I'm sorry, Hattie," Max whispered to her. It was like she was accepting that this time, they were going to die.

The lights flickered in the room and there was a crash of thunder outside, Jefferson looked up in surprise, "Whoa, did you see how crazy it is outside? Like I said- something weird... There's that fear. Oh, girls, I hope these images will be appreciated for what they truly capture... The loss of youth!" He let out another laugh, "At least the last lecture you will ever hear from me."

Jefferson approached Hattie, needle in hand, Hattie let out a sob, "Mr. Jefferson, please... Don't do this!"

He put a finger up to her lips, "Now, Hattie... Sh, be quiet..."

Max wiggled in her chair, "Please! Don't do this!" She shouted at him. Hattie's breath was shallow. It was at this moment that she knew she was going to die, this was her last moments.

"Max, I promise, her last dose won't hurt her... Yours will come soon," Jefferson tilted Hattie's head back slowly, she felt the needle graze her neck, she just closed her eyes and waited, accepting it. But, there were noises in the room that erupted, this caused Jefferson to turn, "What?" Jefferson ran and hid behind the entrance, he set down the need, grabbing his tripod. David Madsen entered the room, gun in hand, he looked around, Hattie looked towards Max, weakly smiling. Jefferson was quick to knock the gun out of David's hands, however, Max gasped as this happened. David went into a fighting stance, lunging to punch Jefferson, but he was immediately hit int he stomach with the tripod, this caused him to double over, holding his stomach, so, Jefferson took this as a chance to hit him in the head, knocking him unconscious.