Chapter 10

Thank you for fifty two reads! I never expected to get so much in a week, thank you! If you guys can go check out some of my other work, it would be very appreciated! Love y'all ❤️
It was settled. Pearl was teaching me how to fight! I was so happy because I've always wanted to learn to become stronger! Though I was always fighting for Steven, I was always definitely fighting for Garnet. God, since that conversation, I just want to be in her arms. But I know the responsible thing to do is to wait until it is safer to love her. My first session was today, and Pearl had obviously been crying because of Steven because her eyes were red. "Hey P, where's Connie?" I asked as she jumped in fright. "Uhm...ahh! Connie! She's not joining us today because..because she's still upset about Steven" Pearl looked at the floor. "We all miss him P, that's one reason why I'm doing it" I smiled at her as I hugged her arm. "Enough crying, let's get on with this" Pearl wiped her eyes as she showed me how to do the best techniques. I started to sing to kill the silence.

Pearl was holding my waist with her hand as she concentrated on teaching me. "Uh Pearl?" I asked, looking down at her hand. "Oh sorry! Haha, let's see what you've learnt!" Pearl blushed nervously as she took her hand off my waist. I started performing my new tricks but I backed up and was about to fall off a cliff as some hands caught me. "Garnet!" I gasped, seeing Garnet hugging my waist from falling. I noticed her visor was off and her beautiful eyes looked at me. "Are you okay?" Garnet gasped. "I'm fine. Where's Pearl-" I started but saw Pearl standing behind Garnet looking a bit ashamed. Garnet looked back at Pearl and glared at her. "I didn't mean to hold her-" Pearl started. "Don't start one of your pathetic excuses Pearl" Garnet glared. "Sorry" Pearl sighed. "Sorry doesn't help. We need to focus on Steven" Garnet put her visor back on. "Of course but-" Pearl started. "Don't answer me back Pearl!" Garnet let go of me, forgetting I was still hanging off a cliff. I started falling and I looked back up Garnet and Pearl who were gaping. "Ah flip!" I yelped. Okay me, I'm just about to die. No worries, just about to die! I saw Garnet jumping off the cliff and hope struck me but then it fell, seeing she was too far away. I closed my eyes, ready to die but I felt arms grab me from the air and I tightened my grip on this person. I opened my eyes and saw Lapis looking down at me. "We need to save Garnet!" I yelled. "Right" Lapis concentrated and swooped down. I reached out for Garnet's hand and she grabbed it and we got heavied down. "Lapis, down!" I yelled as Garnet looked up at me. Lapis put us down and Garnet hugged me hard. "Don't ever do that to me again, okay?" Garnet asked. "I won't" I laughed as she pulled me close and kissed me. I kissed back and then we separated the kiss to look at a blushing Lapis. "Thanks Lapis" I smiled as I hugged her. "Heh, couldn't let my favourite human friend die, could I?" Lapis and I laughed. "Well, we should get back to finding Steven, god I miss that little guy" I said suddenly. "He'll be fine" Garnet winked as she put her visor back on.