Chapter Two

A/N: Hello again! Thank you for all the votes in the first chapter and for adding this fic to your library! <3 Here's another short update. Happy reading, babies!

Chapter Two

"I can't believe he dumped me!" she exclaimed and took a shot of vodka. She winced at the taste afterward.

"I know, sweetie. I can't believe it too." her friend, Iza told her while taking the bottle of vodka from Karylle's hand and pouring some on her shot glass.

"He was like, "We're just too different, K." Ugh." She lowered her voice, imitating her boyfriend... well, ex-boyfriend.

Iza continued to listen to Karylle as she cried her heart out and drowned herself on alcohol.

"He thinks I'm a distraction, Iza! A distraction!"

"Gago siya. You're not a distraction, K."

Karylle's phone started ringing and like a ninja, she snatched her phone, hoping that the call was from Dom, calling to apologize and that he didn't mean any of what he said then everything will be alright again.

But of course, the call wasn't from Dom.

Her smile instantly turned into a frown until she realized who the caller was.

"Shit." she cussed as she looked at the caller i.d., the photo smiling widely at her.

"Mama's calling. Oh my God. Dom and I were supposed to have dinner at my parent's this Christmas. And now it's not going to happen because he dumped me." Her phone continued to ring, "Oh my gosh, what am I going to do, Iza?!" She panicked, pacing back and forth.

"Answer it! Tell her that Dom couldn't make it on Christmas. Busy with work."

"I can't tell her that. Not when we already agreed to spend Christmas with them." Karylle argued back.

"Then tell her the truth. That he broke up with you." Iza said it as if it was so easy.

"Oh, Iza. You don't know my mom. Do you know how long my mom has been waiting for me to bring home a partner? She's not gonna believe me and she's probably going to think that Dominic doesn't even exist! That I made it all up." Karylle pressed both of her hands on her temples, thinking of a better excuse to tell her mom.

Her phone stopped ringing but few seconds later, it started ringing again. Karylle looked at her phone, then back at her friend, asking for help but Iza was just smiling wickedly.

"Why are you smiling? Help me out here."

"You don't have to tell her the truth."

Her phone finally stopped ringing. 5 missed calls.

Karylle gave her a confused look.

"So now what? I just don't show up on Christmas?" Karylle asked.

"Oh no, you will still show up with Dom." Iza told her confidently.

"Weren't you listening? He broke up with me. I don't think he'd still want to go."

Iza shook her head, "No no no, I mean... forget about the real Dominic."

Karylle's brows wrinkled, "I'm not following."

"What I'm trying to say is that forget about the real Dominic and hire someone to play the role of Dominic." Iza said proudly as if it was the most brilliant idea she had ever come up with.

Karylle stared at her friend, processing what she just heard.

"So, you're saying I should bring home a stranger to play as Dominic?" Karylle confirmed her friend's crazy idea.