Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Vice got up extra early that morning to get everything ready. He showered right after having his breakfast and he had also prepared some snacks for Chip in as well. Karylle reminded him to pack a suit and thank goodness he had the only suit hanging in his closet.

He looked at himself in the mirror as he buttoned up his navy blue shirt. Then he went over to his make up kit to get his go-to favorite red lipstick. As he was about to apply, he stopped for a second, looked at himself in the mirror then laughed.

"Boy nga pala ako dapat today." he said to himself, putting the lipstick back inside the make up kit. He reached for his wax from the bedside table and applied some to his hair. After brushing up his hair, he stood up to get a full look at himself in the mirror.

"Welcome back, Vice Pogi." he said in the mirror and did a pogi pose then winked.

He laughed at himself while shaking his head. "Jusko, Viceral. Ano ba 'tong pinasok mo."

His phone buzzed, a new text message. He quickly took his phone and it was from Karylle.

I'm on my way. I'll be there in fifteen minutes. Have you done your revision? We'll be going over them on our way to my parents'

Panic started to flow through his entire body as he remembered the papers. The papers that his dog tore into pieces. He tried putting the pieces back together, but gave up because none of the words that he was forming made sense. He had gone through them once only and hardly remember the details. One thing was for sure: Karylle's going to kill him. The only choice he had left was to do a last minute revision. It was indeed like high school all over again.

Vice dropped off Chip in at his neighbour's before heading down the building. Karylle texted him that she'll arrive in five minutes. By the time he got out of the building, a black Mercedez Benz awaited for him. Vice took a deep breath before getting inside.

"You clean up nice." Karylle complimented as she glanced over his outfit.

"Thank you. Ang ganda mo rin ngayon. Lagi ka naman maganda sa paningin ko." Vice complimented her back but when Karylle gave him a weird look, he reminded her, "Aren't we supposed to be a couple? I'm just playing the role."

"Speaking of which, nasaan na yung booklet? Let's start reviewing now." Karylle began to start the engine and started driving.

Napalunok naman si Vice at napakamot ng batok. There was no other easy way in telling her this.

"Huy, ilabas mo na yung booklet." Karylle took a quick glance at Vice then her eyes focused back on the road.

"Ah, eh... May problema kasi e. Yung booklet..." Vice began.

"Anong nangyari?"

"Si Chip in, yung Chow Chow ko... akala ata niya laruan yun. Pinunit punit niya. Hindi—"

He wasn't able to finish explaining because the car stopped and Vice nearly bumped his head.

"What?!" Karylle exclaimed, making Vice's heart pounced.

"Okay, forget about the booklet. I'll just ask you the questions myself. I'm sure na-review mo naman yung booklet before pinunit ng aso mo yun, diba?" Karylle sounded a little hopeful but when Vice shook his head with an apologetic smile, Karylle lost it.

"Damn it, Vice! How are we going to convince my parents now? Ugh. I knew this was a crazy idea! Why did I even agree to this! You know what? Nevermind. Forget it. I'll just tell my mom we couldn't make it—"