Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"Are you ready to meet my family?" she asked him.

Vice was damn scared and nervous. He was okay earlier but now that they're finally here, he began to panic.

"Karylle, paano kung pumalpak ako at mabuko tayo? Jusko."

"Diba comedyante ka?"

"Oo."

"So magaling ka mang impersonate. So just keep that in mind that you're just impersonating my ex-boyfriend. We just need to be sweet to each other."

It was easier said than done. Pero nandito na rin sila, wala ng atrasan 'to.

"Ready?" she asked him once again.

"Ready."

They both got out of the car and Vice went to get the pastries at the backseat.

Both are now standing in front of Karylle's parents' front door.

"Parang sumasakit tiyan ko. Hin—"

Vice didn't get to finish his sentence because the door suddenly opened at dahil nag panic silang dalawa, Vice immediately wrapped his arm around Karylle's shoulder while the latter hugged him from the waist.

"You're finally here!"

Vice's heart thumped. It was Karylle's mom at the door.

Karylle's mom reached for her and gave her a hug. After pulling her away from the hug, her eyes met Vice then did a quick look at him from top to bottom.

"You must be my daughter's boyfriend." she said.

Karylle looked at Vice and smiled at him then looked back at her mom. "Ma, this is my boyfriend, Dominic."

"It's nice to meet you po, Mrs—" Vice was caught off guard when Karylle's mom pulled him for a hug.

"Oh, finally!" Karylle's mom said with so much joy while hugging Vice.

"Ma, hindi na siya makahinga." Karylle interrupted then her mom released Vice.

"Come on inside. Everyone's waiting for you."

As soon as they got inside, they were welcomed with a crowd in the living room. Karylle wasn't expecting her relatives to come over as well. Vice was more nervous because Karylle never mentioned other people besides her family. He was seeing many unfamiliar faces.

"Ma, you didn't tell me that you invited the entire clan today." Karylle whispered softly to her mom.

"When they found out that you'll be coming over with someone, they were so excited to meet him." Mrs. Z explained.

Their short conversation was interrupted as her grandma approached them.

"Ana Karylle, welcome home!" the older woman opened her arms to her and Karylle embraced the former with a huge smile.

"Manga, it's so great to see you! I missed you so much!"

Her mom excused herself to check on the food in the kitchen.

"I see you're not alone." her grandma said as soon as they pulled away from the hug. She had a teasing smile on her face while looking at Karylle and her partner back and forth.

"Manga, I'd like you to meet Dom. Dom, this is my prettiest grandma." she introduced and her grandma smiled.

"It's nice to meet you po, Ma'am." Vice reached for her hand and blessed it.