Game On

The four ran around the board, finding places to go at Ronald's command.

Ron was screaming places for the chess pieces to move, them inching their way to the place he'd mentioned.

This was the last two moves they needed to get a checkmate.

"I need to sacrifice myself," Ron said as if it was no big deal.

"Are you serious? I may find you tad annoying, but I don't want you to die. There has to be a logical way for you to get the knight over there without getting hurt," Dove said matter-o-factly, "Can't you just hop off and call the next move?"

Ron looked around, there was already a night on the board. He didn't have to be there.

"Oh, yeah I guess so."

He hopped off, and stood on the sidelines next to Dove.

He dictated the moves, until they only needed one more move to get the checkmate.

Ron yelled the last move, before the queen was defeated. This caused the group to ring out in cheers.

"We did it guys! We actually-"

Ron gasped as he saw what was happening. The rubble of the queen was tumbling towards him.

Dove gasped, and shoved him out of the way last minute, the queen falling on her instead.

"Oh my god! Is she alright!" Hermione exclaimed.

"We have to keep going," Harry said, "Ron, take her to Dumbledore, Hermione, come with me. I may need your help later on."

"Sure you'll be alright, Ron?" Hermione asked.

"I'll be fine. Get going now."

The two nodded and headed through the next door, leaving the blonde and the ginger alone.

"How in the bloody hell am I supposed to get you up there?"

Ron grabbed Dove's shoulders, pulling her out from under the rubble. He then liked her arms around his back, and began walking. The sound of Dove's shoes was the only noise one could hear.

It was a long, boring journey going up all those stairs. That was until they got to the trap door.

"Alright, alright. No need to panic," Ron told himself, "just think like Hermione."

Ron smirked, before frowning.

"How am I supposed to think like Hermione? I don't even have half the brain of her."

Ron looked around, and saw a brick laying on the floor.

"Aha!" He exclaimed before putting Dove down carefully.

He grabbed his wand, and began reciting the spell in his head to turn the brick into a stick.

He did the spell a few times, failing every time until finally, he got it right.

He made a loud sound declaring his success, before grabbing Dove and opening the door. Fluffy looked right at him, and Ron through the stick.

Fluffy turned around, and ran for the twig. This gave time for Ron to run. Which he did.

He ran and ran, looking for Dumbledore. He found him at the entrance of the school, talking to some strange man who was trying to mimic a bow being shot.

"Professor! Dove, she's gotten hurt!"

The other man's eyes had widened, and he took Dove from Ron's obviously tired arms.

"What I'm the name of all that is holy happened to her?"

"We were down in the," Ron breathed in deeply, "we were on the third floor, trying to get to the stone. We came to the board, and we won. But the queen was falling, about about to crush me. But Dove shoved me out of the way and got hit instead."