Chapter 2: Disappointment

"Thanks for what you did in the stadium," I mutter while a healer looks over me, making sure there's no lasting damage to the whole force-choking thing.

"You felt overwhelmed, which given your situation, was totally understandable," Master Kenobi smiled softly at me while patting my shoulder.

"Did you mean what you said?" He raises an eyebrow at me, "about training me and everything..." my voice trails off into a tense silence. 

"I've been watching you for years. After Master Jinn and I found you on Alderaan, I knew you would be a tough one to train. I like a challenge, but not just anyone can train an unpredictable youngling." He pauses for a moment, looking me over before continuing, "Qui-Gon told me before my trials that I'm stronger and wiser than I give myself credit for. I believe you are too." He smiles at me once again before leaving me by myself in the infirmary just as confused as I was before. 

"The amount of damage done is minimal and should clear up in less than a day," The healer brought me out of my brooding thoughts. I looked up at her and just nodded my head. 

"I would recommend a quick trip in a bacta tank, you appear overworked and tired. It would help with-"

"No bacta tanks," I cut her off as I begin to get up and grab my cloak. 

"Are you sure? It would really be beneficial-"

"I'm sure, thank you for your help," I offer her a tight-lipped smile before I sign myself out of the infirmary and make the long trek back to my room. On my way back, I notice the stares I get from the Jedi Knights around and their padawans. Today was, eventful to say the least, the last thing I want is everyone to stare at me and gossip. I pick up my pace and quickly make it back to my room. I shut and lock the door before collapsing on my bed. The day's events begin to cloud my brain and before I know it, I'm a crying mess and can't regain control of my emotions. I reach my hand out to my nightstand and grab around for my bracelet--it's the only thing that helps me gain control of myself. 

I'm pulled from my thoughts when I hear a knock on my door followed by someone saying my name. It sounds male, which makes me uneasy, only Ahsoka comes to my room so who else would it be? 

"Satara, open the door. I just want to talk," I recognize the voice to be Bensons. 

I ignore his pleas while I get up to look for my bracelet. It's always either on my wrist or on my nightstand, it couldn't have gone too far. I turn my room upsidedown and Benson still hasn't gone away, but instead, it sounds like he's arguing with someone. 

Having enough, I angrily open the door to see General Skywalker shouting down at Benson, "Can I help you guys?" I raise an eyebrow as they both snap their heads towards me. 

"He was just leaving," General Skywalker pushed Benson away from the door before walking in, shutting, and locking the door. 

"How're you holding up, smalls?" He pats my head while I roll my eyes. 

"Nice look, by the way, I'm loving the wild hair and tear-stained cheeks. A runway look for sure," he laughs and falls back on my bed. 

"Did you just come here to make fun of me?" I find myself sniffling as I open one of my desk drawers in another attempt to find my jewelry. 

"Looking for this?" He asked, dangling my bracelet from his finger. 

"Where'd you get that?" I go to snatch it from him, but he yanks his hand away. 

"Not so fast smalls," I groan and put my hands over my face. 

"I don't want to deal with you today, General Skywalker," I begin tidying up my room since my bracelet was now found.