⚫ | Chp. 33

[Disclaimer: Please do not change anything. I know it doesn't bother some writers but it bothers me. This is not your story, do not change the details of it. Thank you.]

{~ Yule Ball ~}

{~~•⚫•~~}

In my Slytherin dorm I got ready to go to the Great Hall with Cedric. I put on my heels after slipping on my icy blue dress. I walked out of the common room and spotted Cedric waiting patiently. He looked back at me so I smiled at him nervously. A slow smile grew into a dorky side grin. It made my heart melt.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Yes, whenever you are." He held out his arm.

I took it and we walked to the Great Hall. We walked down the stairs and over to the other champions at the front. I spotted many students already inside. I slowly slipped my hand into Cedric's and he squeezed it gently. I looked up at him and held back a girlish giddy grin. Fleur and Ethan soon joined us. Apparently they had met the first day and started talking. It's nice that Ethan has a someone by his side. That isn't one of his family members.

I looked around to see who all was here. I saw all of my friends from Slytherin and decided to go over and talk to them. I left our little group of champions to go say hi.

"Hey guys." I greeted them.

"Oh my gosh! You look gorgeous." Jessica all but shouted. 

"You look stunning yourself." I laughed a little.

She wore a light purple dress that had a lace top and satin tie going around her neck. Her hair was curled in a tight updo. Her makeup was icy which went perfectly with her entire look.

"You do look amazing Eva." Blaise complimented. His date was Daphne.

"Thanks."

I met eyes with Draco who had Pansy clinging to his arm like a leech. His eyes scanned me up and down slowly. Memorizing how I looked. Our eyes met.

"You look beautiful, Evangeline." He used my full name which made my heart skip a beat.

"Thank you Draco." I smiled at him.

Jessica nudged my side and nodded behind me. She cleared her throat too. I looked and saw Potter staring at me. I smiled tightly and waved at him awkwardly. I looked back at everyone who gave me weird looks. Except Draco who was glaring at him.

"Look I'm just as confused as you are." I told them. They shrugged it off.

"Angie, it's time." Cedric came over.

"Alright." I turned back to my friends. "I'll find you guys later.

"Okay, have fun." Jessica sang as me and Cedric walked away hand in hand. Victor Krum had been first walking in with Granger, next was Fleur Delacour with Ethan, third was Cedric with me on his arm, and fourth behind us was Harry Potter with Padma Patil, or was it Padame, I didn't know. We walked in and it was the Champions jobs to kick off the dance with their dates. I faced Cedric smiling, he smiled down on me then took my waist and hand once the music started.