⚫ | Chp. 51

{~ The Quibbler ~}

{~~•⚫•~~}

I didn't speak to the others after my little stunt and was so thankful when Greyson decided to go back to our estate for Christmas and the rest of break. We got back on the train to Hogwarts. Ethan helped hand our things too the workers. I looked around and spotted Draco. We smiled at one another and I went to go to him but Ethan caught me.

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not?" I ask.

"You told him about our and your abilities and over break you get attacked by death eaters. That can't be a coincidence." He shook his head at me.

"He wouldn't do that and I wasn't attacked, they hardly touched me." I argued.

"I don't like him." Luke says.

"I can tell. You don't have to trust him but I do, so trust me."

He glanced between me and Draco before letting me go. "Okay, fine."

"Thank you." I adjusted my satchel strap. "I'll see you guys at the feast."

I walked over to Draco. "Your brothers don't like me do they?"

"They're just being protective." I explained.

"Do they know that I know?" He asked.

I sighed. "I'll explain everything to you on the train, come on."

We found a compartment to ourselves and I told him about break. How I ran off after I let slip that I told him everything and how death eaters tried taking me to him.

"Eva, I would never give up you and your family like that. You must know I said nothing to anyone, not even my mother."

I grabbed his fist that was resting on his leg. "Draco I believe you. With how things are going my family just wants to take extra precautions. Meaning for now we have to side with the ministry and keep up appearances while also being more careful. It's not as if You-Know-Who doesn't know of my abilities, we're sure he does since Ethan speculated he's tied into all of our family drama."

He nodded. "Thank you. How are you? And what about the veins, are they still bothering you?"

"I'm alright, the veins make my skin crawl a lot, so it's almost like this itch that never goes away. It only ever happens when I'm anxious though." I shrugged brushing it off.