7: A New Friend

Chapter 7 - A New Friend

*Harry’s POV*

“You’re such a baby, don’t side with them!”  the lad screamed at his date. I couldn’t bother watching this go on anymore. I immediately rose and stormed down the stairs meeting the eyes of the jerk himself.

First he ignores this girl, now he’s yelling at her for being a kind human being. What’s wrong with him? The girl’s eyes were glued shut as I walked over and shoved the lads shoulder to provoke him. My thoughts were screaming all kinds of rude things. This man didn’t deserve this girl. She seemed sweet and innocent; the poor thing just wanted his attention. All he really wanted was her body, or at least it seems this way. He only paid attention when I came into physical contact with her, and the only thing he’s done is touch her all evening, that is not the way you take a girl on a date.

“She’s crying, should I do something?” Liam interrupted my thoughts but I gave him a nod. He went to her side and began rubbing her shoulders slowly.

“Don’t cry babe, don’t shed another tear for this pompous ass. Everything is going to be all right,” Liam whispered in her ear soothingly.

Liam isn’t even on a date with this girl and he’s treating her better than this jerk ever did. I don’t know why, but seeing this made furious with the jerk standing a foot away.

“You need to learn how to treat women,” I spat. At this point all of the surrounding tables were staring at us.

“Can we leave?” the girl spoke up, barely audible through this chaos, but we all heard her. We all headed for the door and I caught a glimpse of Niall’s face shocked and horrified at the scene we caused while he went to the restroom.

“Me mum’s here, Liam,” he spoke quietly, striding towards the door with his head down and his hands shoved all the way into his pockets.

“But, I’m your ride Belle.” The lad and his date, apparently named Belle, sprung up behind us. She stopped and turned to me, making direct eye contact.

“Do you have a ride I can mooch off of you? I seem to be ride-less,” she confessed, sounding quite snarky. I was speechless as I watched her date leave the restaurant, obviously furious. Louis mouthed, “I have the car” to me and I understood exactly what he meant.

“Louis here can drive,” I boasted, shaking my thumb at Louis, throwing a wink at him.

“Great!” She jeered, smiling brightly at Louis.

“We’re off, lads. Niall’s mum came to pick Niall and I up, bye,” Liam announced, walking out with Niall. Zayn looked at his watch, then to me and mouthed, “see you” and walked out of the restaurant as well.

“I told Lottie I wouldn’t be home until 10, we still have time to do something, Styles!” Louis demanded. He grabbed Belle’s wrists and mine and led us to his little car in the parking lot.

“You’re in, right…” he inquired, gesturing towards Belle. I opened my mouth to answer, but I held my breath knowing that it would not go over well if I answered for her.

“Belle,” she proclaimed, grinning at Louis.

“Right. Belle, Harry, lets have some fun!” Louis jumped with excitement and unlocked the doors for us to get in.

There was old McDonald’s and sweet wrappers all over the floor of the car. I quickly scooped up some of the rubbish and threw it into the bin beside us.

“Excited, Belle?” I turned around in my seat to look at her when she responded but she just sat there in silence, staring at me.

“What?”