6: The End Where I Begin

Chapter 6 - The End Where I Begin

“I’m sorry?” Harry looked taken aback. He was still holding my hand, but he was staring into Ryan’s eyes with a calm look in his own.

“I asked for you to stop kissing my date, how old are you anyway, 10?” Ryan harshly retorted.

I started to feel my cheeks burn because this simple task is turning into a full out feud between Ryan and Harry.

“It’s ok Ryan, really. Calm down, I’m not going to leave you,” I soothed, patting his hand and sending him a sweet smile.

“I don’t need this child following you around all night like a lost puppy!” Ryan said.

Harry just shook his head, looked me in the eyes and simply stated, “I’m sorry I’ve caused any trouble. I’ll leave now.” He turned to walk away, but as he walked past me he whispered, “nice to meet you, love. I’ll see you around,” into my ear and continued back up to the stairs to where the rest of his friends were.

“That was extremely odd,” Ryan snarled, watching Harry and the rest of the lads.

“He was just being nice. Now, do you know what you’re ordering?” I sighed, pointing to the waitress who was making her way over to us.

“Ello, what can I do for you today? My name is Randi and I’ll be your server,” she smiled brightly. Ryan slowly folded his menu and smiled at her politely.

“I’ll be having a medium rare steak please, all the fix-ins on the side, love. Belle?” Ryan smoothly stated, shifting his gaze to me. I fixed my eyes on his and immediately got lost. The green was shimmering in the candlelight as he watched me watch him. I really am the luckiest girl in the world to have a guy like him, a good 4 years older than I am, like me so much.

“Belle, darling?” His voice shook me back into reality.

“I’ll, erm, just have a Caesar salad,” I sheepishly replied, blushing madly.

“Alright, they’ll be out in no time, any drinks I can get you? We have a great in house bar that can make you any sort of beverage you please.” She began, explaining all of the alcoholic drinks I can’t have.

“We’ll both take whatever you suggest,” Ryan replied, giving Randi his irresistible smile.

“Be right back with your drinks, then!” She cheerily added, waltzing away from our booth.

“Ryan! I can’t drink!” I whispered furiously.

“What they don’t know won’t hurt ‘em,” he teased, patting the back of my hand.

“You’re so bad,” I taunted, poking him hard in the stomach, leaning all the way over the table. I was about to sit back in my spot when Ryan peered up at me, locking our eyes together. He placed his hand on my cheek and touched our foreheads together. If it wasn’t for the awfully awkward placement of my body and the public surroundings, this would be the most romantic thing I’ve ever experienced. He leaned in brushed his lips against mine. Tingling sensations went down my spine as he closed the distance between our lips.

This kiss was what I wanted. This kiss was what I needed. This kiss was way better than the first.

My hand crawled its way onto the back of his neck, and I was making circular motions in his hair. I could hear the boys above us making coughing gestures and whistling but I couldn’t care less.

“Shut up will you? I’m trying to kiss my girlfriend!” Ryan breathed angrily, squinting at the lads above us.

“This is a public place, you shouldn’t be doing that here anyway!” A high voice rung, which belonged to one of the lads with brown straight hair. My eyes widened at his comment and I sunk back into my chair. I mean, it was super romantic, but we are in public and a few people are looking at us now.

I coughed to get Ryan’s attention and began, “Ryan, he’s right,” but all I got in response was a grimace and a glare laced with hatred thrown my way from Ryan.

“You’re such a baby, don’t side with them!” Ryan barked at me. Anger and fiery passion were all that I could recognize in his eyes as he stared into mine.

I didn’t realize that I was crying until one of Harry’s friends was at my side, wiping away the lone tear that escaped. He was whispering for me to not shed another tear and that everything would be all right.

“You need to learn how to treat women,” Harry objected.

We were causing a scene and I did not like it one bit.

“Can we leave?” I interjected, loud enough over all the voices that were humming around me.

My head was spinning and I didn’t remember what was happening, I just wanted to leave.

“Sure thing babe,” Ryan replied.

“No,” was all I said.

I picked up my purse and scooted out of the booth.

“Not with you,”

“But, I’m your ride, Belle,” Ryan calmed down and followed me to the door. I stopped, quickly turned on my heels and faced Harry.

“Do you have a ride I can mooch off of you? I seem to be ride-less,” I tried to sound as bitchy and snarky as I possibly could. Ryan needed to know I was pissed at him.

I watched Ryan shake his head and walk out of the restaurant.

“Louis here can drive,” Harry boasted, shaking his thumb at the lad with straight brown hair.

“Great!” I smiled at Louis, who returned a sweet smile.

“We’re off, lads. Niall’s mum came to pick Niall and I up, bye,” one of the other lads said, waving as he walked out of the building with a blonde lad in front of him.

“I told Lottie I wouldn’t be there until 11, we still have time to do something, Styles!” Louis demanded. He grabbed Harry’s wrists and mine and led us to the little car in the parking lot.

“You’re in, right…” he inquired, gesturing towards me.

“Belle,” I proclaimed, grinning at him.

This was the point in my life that I knew would change me forever. New beginnings, new friends, new experieces. I never imagined that my date with Ryan would lead to such drastic things. I guess its for the better. Harry and Louis seem like great lads and maybe i'll get to know the rest of their group. My relationship with Ryan might have ended, and the summer may be ending but I'm starting new. This is where I begin, the real me. Hopefully, at least. I'm tired of pretending to be someone i'm not, time to shine. I smiled wildly at Harry because I couldn't contain my excitement.

“Right. Belle, Harry, lets have some fun!” and with that we got into his car and left.