SEVEN

OLIVIA walked down the halls of John Adams High, along with one of her best friends, Cory. "So that's why I told Eric I needed his razor." He concluded. She leaned in, looking at his face intently. "Cory, I can't see any kind of facial hair on your face. Maybe, next year." She teased, patting his shoulder. "Very funny." Cory said sarcastically as they turned the corner. "Whoa, Shawn and Jill Hollinger at 2 o'clock." He said quietly. The two watched as the well dressed girl asked Shawn out. Olivia rolled her eyes and tightened the grip on her backpack straps. As soon as Jill left, they walked over to him. "Jill Hollinger wow! This is a whole new type of girl for you." Cory commented.

     "I know! She's got style, she's got elegance, she's got parents." Shawn replied, watching the girl walk away. Olivia scoffed and looked away. "She's alright, for a rich girl." She shrugged, pretending not to care. Eric and his friend, Jason. walked up to them, laughing. "Look! Baby geeks discovering the female of the species. And the little doe getting jealous." Eric teased, reaching up to pinch Olivia's cheek. She slapped his hand away, huffing. "Jealous of what?" She grumbled as played with the hem of her t-shirt.

      "I say we tag them and return next spring." Jason added.  "Why don't you return never?" Cory suggested, rolling his eyes. "They attempt to protect themselves by puffing up." Eric narrated. Shawn looked at the two of them, crossing his arms. "I don't see you guys with any girls." Shawn pointed out. "Oh, please We only hunt when we need to hunt." Eric replied, crossing his arms. Just then, a pretty walked by, catching the attention of the two idiots. "Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha wabbit season." Jason snickered.

     Olivia scoffed as she watched the two of the go after the girl. "Day by day, my hope for the male species begins to vanish." She mumbled before turning to walk to class. Cory and Shawn followed behind her, the whole time they were gushing about Jill Hollinger. She clenched her teeth together as they finally arrived to Mr. Turner's class. "Boys are so annoying." She huffed as she sat down at her desk. She looked over at Topanga and pouted. "Why are boys so annoying, yet so cute?" She asked, laying her head down on her desk. "It's in their genes." Topanga replied.

     The bell rang and the students rushed to get into their seats as Mr. Turner walked in. "Alright, kiddos. Let's talk about biographies." He said as he walked over to his desk, sitting down on it. He looked around the room before pointing at Topanga. "Topanga, you wrote your biography on who?" He asked. Topanga perked up and smiled widely. "Someone I really admire; Katie Couric." She said proudly.

     "Oh, please I'm so perky, I have such a big smile." Cory mocked. "She's a phony. At least pick someone real." Olivia looked back at him, raising an eyebrow. "Ok, Cory, who are you picking?" Topanga asked. Cory leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms cooly. "Captain James T. Kirk of the USS Enterprise." He replied with a smirk. "Come on, Matthews. Real people. The assignment is biography, not fiction." Mr. Turner sighed.

     Olivia turned around looked at Cory. "Besides, Captain Kirk..." She started. Cory plugged his ears quickly. "La-la!" He said loudly. "Captain Kirk is a made-up TV character!" Olivia called out over him. 
"La-la-la-la." He continued before Topanga moved his hands from his ears. "It's the truth." She said.

     "Matthews, come on. It doesn't have to be somebody famous. Just somebody real. Anybody you like." Mr. Turned stated. "Anybody?" Cory asked, sitting up straight. "Anybody." Mr. Turner nodded. "Absolutely anybody?" Cory asked again with a grin on his face. "Absolutely anybody." Mr. Turner replied.

     "I pick Shawn!"

     "I pick Cory!"

     " You know you walked right into that." Topanga said, looking up at the teacher. "Straight into it." Olivia added on, scribbling on a piece of notebook paper. "I did, didn't I?" Mr. Turner sighed.