EIGHT

OLIVIA walked down the halls of John Adams High, a glow on her face. Summer had just ended and she was back at school. Over the summer, she had be on cruises, went to resorts, and met boys. Yes, she missed her dear friends, but she also enjoyed the time away from them.

      She hummed softly as she walked to her locker. She saw Topanga leave the girl's restroom and smiled. "Topi!" She squealed as she ran over to the girl. Topanga's face lit up as she opened her arms wide. The two girls embraced, squeezing each other tightly. "Liv, you look so beautiful! Summer treated you well." Topanga complimented as she pulled away from the hug.

     Olivia smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Thanks. And you look amazing! I missed you so much, Topi." She said with a happy sigh. "So, why are you all dressed up? Is it for a boy? A boy with curly hair and friend's with Shawn?" She nudging her friend's side, wiggling her eyebrows at her. Topanga laughed and shrugged her shoulders. "Mm, maybe." She replied, a small smirk on her face.

     They walked over to Olivia's locker, gossiping about the things that happened over the summer. Olivia had a sweet, innocent fling with a boy from the cruise and Topanga developed a hard, but short crush on a dreamy lifeguard. "But, now it's back to reality." Olivia hummed as they reached her locker. "So, you and Shawn?" Topanga asked. Olivia unlocked her locker, grabbing her books. "Friends. Still friends." She replied.

     Even though she had a little fling, all Olivia could think about is Shawn. Yes, her best friend Shawn. At first, she refused to come to terms with her feelings for the boy, but not being around him only made her feelings more prevalent. "Well, maybe that'll change." Topanga said with a small smile. "Maybe." Olivia nodded. "Speaking of those two meatheads, where are they?" Topanga questioned.

     Olivia laughed and watched as Cory awkwardly walked up to them. "Well, one of them is robot walking his way to you." She pointed out, causing Topanga to turn around. "Hello." Cory said nervously, a goofy smile on her face. "Cory, hi. So, we're in all the same classes again." She pointed out. Olivia looked in the mirror in her locker, secretly listening to their conversation as she applied on a coat of lip gloss. "Yeah, I-I had a nice summer too. Thanks. Bye." He stuttered before slowly walking off.

     "Well, that was awkward." Olivia said with a small laugh as she closed her locker. Topanga turned to look at her, biting down on her lip. "He looked like he had something to tell me...or ask me." She said softly, looking back at Cory. "I wonder what it was..."

      Olivia put the lock on her locker, holding her books to her chest. "Mm, he probably did, but let's talk about it later. Sadly, we have class now." Olivia replied, linking her arm with her friend's as they walked down the hall.

——————————

Olivia packed up her things after Mr. Turner dismissed class, shoving her paper into her binder. Shawn walked up to her, his hands in his pockets. "Hey, Liv." He said casually. She turned around, a wide smile on her face. "Hey, meathead." She replied, ruffling his hair. He smiled and grabbed her hand, pulling her to him. He wrapped his arms around her, humming. "Missed you, dork." He said softly.

Olivia's heart rate started to spike and she prayed to dear God that Shawn couldn't hear it or feel it against his chest. She pulled away slowly, nodding her head. "M-Missed you too." She stuttered. Did you seriously just stutter?! She thought. Get a hold of yourself, Moore!

Shawn looked at Cory, biting down on his lip gently. "Hey, Cor, I need talk to Liv about something. We'll catch you later." He told the curly haired boy. Olivia pulled her back pack on her shoulders. "Huh?" She questioned, looking up. Shawn grabbed her hand, pulling her outside of the classroom with him. He led them down the hall, near his locker.