Chapter 4

Ten minutes later, a maid came in and thought we were burglars so we had to bring her in the laundry room to calm her down. Apparently she had a thing for Curly, I mean Harry, so he was doing most of the comforting. We managed to sneak out with her help.

Harry was currently flirting with the maid earlier. We were waiting in the staircase area for the guy's cue to go out.

"I can't believe this is where the stairs are. It's huge," Emily gaped in awe.

"Rich people," Rachel said, looking around.

"There you guys are," a girl exclaimed, going to each guy and fixing every little detail she can. "That's the best I can do."

"You guys aren't going on like that, are you?" I asked, eyeing their clothes.

"Really Steph?" Rachel asked in disbelief.

"What's wrong with what we're wearing?" Liam asked, looking down.

"It's just too formal," I told them. "This is a birthday party."

"So?"

"It's what they usually wear," Emily piped up. "All so formal no matter how not formal the occasion is."

I raised an eyebrow at her.

"What? Nikki's a huge Directioner, she made me watch their concert moments, music videos and listen to all their songs," she said, defensively. "They all look the same in their concert moments, Harry would wear something formal like blazer and shirt. Louis used to wear stripes and suspenders but now sticks to Harry's type but more casual which is just sad. Liam would be blazer and shirt or a plaid shirt. Zayn and Niall would be the most casual."

"Such a stalker," Rachel said, a smirk playing on her lips.

"Hey, I'm not the one who 'observes' the-"

She was cut off again by Rachel putting her hand on her mouth. She whisper threatened her, "Shut up."

Emily said something but it was all muffled. Rachel narrowed her eyes, "If you lick my hand again, I will give all the chocolates to Niall."

Her eyes widened and fell before turning to glare at the grinning Blonde.

"Okay....take off that jacket," I told the guys.

"Why?" Zayn asked.

"Cause I want to see who needs the jacket and who doesn't," I told them simply.

They all glanced at each other before taking off their jackets. Emily took one and put it on, grinning childishly, "So loose on me."

"You need a jacket," I said, handing Louis Zayn's.

"This isn't mine," he said.

"I know just try it on," I told him. "I don't think the rest of you needs a jacket though so you're free."

"Wow Harry your blazer's huge," Emily said. "Or maybe Rachel's just small."

I can't help but chuckle at the sight of Rachel in Harry's blazer. It was too big for her so it hung loosely until just above her knees. The sleeve was too long so it just flopped where her hands were supposed to be. She hit Emily playfully to make her stop giggling.

Liam seemed doubtful, "Are you sure we sh-"

"Go, go, you guys are up," the girl earlier said, pushing the guys through the living room door.

"Their jackets are huge. Look at this one," Emily held up Louis'. "This is the smallest."

"I think it's cute," Rachel said.

"You have a weird sense of style, Rach," I told her making her roll her eyes.

"Stephanie?" A familiar voice called out.

I turned to see Mrs. Gold in a fancy blue dress. I smiled politely at her, "Yes, it's me."

"What are you doing back here?" She asked, before her eyes landed on Rachel and Emily who were still in the guys' jackets. "Are these friends of yours?"

The way she said friends made me want to hit her. Sure, they don't look that great but she looked even worse and besides, they're nicer and more fun. She's always criticizing my friends and family like hers is any better.

"Yeah, they just got curious and we were just about to go to the front," I told her, sweetly.

"Yeah, we were," Rachel said, takin off the blazer. "We're sorry for troubling you."

"Troubling me?" The woman replied, feigning surprise. "You didn't do anything."

She just smiled politely and handed the blazer to the woman but was denied, "No, no, take it with you. It's too tacky for my taste."

"But it's not-"

"Now, now, to the front you go," she said, shooing us. Really? We're humans not animals.

We went to the living room with the guy's jacket. The five of them were still performing and the crown obviously loves them. Niall was playing a guitar while singing with the others. They all seemed to enjoy themselves up there.

I wonder what it's like, to not be nervous and just do what you love. I've been on stage many many times but its usually to give away something or to give a small boring speech. I've never actually went on to perform, well there was one time when I was ten and I played piano on stage. That was amazing, I completely forgotten about the crowd and just aged the music. I remembered everyone clapping just like they were doing now but to the guys.

"Steph?" I was pulled out of my thoughts by Rachel looking at me worriedly.

"Are you okay? You were out of it for a while," she said.

"Fine," I said. "Just fine."

Being the daughter of two millionaires doesn't only mean being trapped and cooped in a house but also from the real world. As a kid, my parents sent me to learn to play piano in which I began to love music. Then, growing up, I realized I've inherited my Mum's talent for drawing. Many people loved my drawings so my parents made me leave behind piano and music to develop my drawings.

Sometimes I wonder why I can't just draw and play piano at the same time but Mum did say music is a hobby and it doesn't bring anything important to the world but with drawings, you can learn to create something that was from your mind. Also this way, I could take over one of my parent's business one day.

But there were times when I wonder what it'll be like to live like Rachel who knows what she's after and won't let anyone stop her. Or Emily who's so carefree in life and won't stop anything just for anyone.

Sometimes I wonder what it's like to be ordinary, as most people say.

------

Tadaa! Latest chapter yet! Dedicated to letterbyowl for the ad on the side. Cool, ain't it?

Song for this chapter Ordinary Girl by Hannah Montana. It suits Stephanie in the story.