Day 20 - Old Family Traditions

“Hm? What's this?” Mirio looked at the rather short gift box on their shared bed, walking over and picking it up. He opened the little flap, reading the neatly written handwriting on the paper.
‘Just an old thing my family did. I got this for you because I thought it was cute, and one for myself since you didn't know. I'm fairly sure you'll like it.’
Mirio blinked once, then pulled the box open, smiling when he saw the soft looking pajama pants with his boyfriend's logo design strewn about them. They were cute, enough that he wanted to put them on right then. But he didn't actually know about whatever this sort of tradition was, so he decided against it until Tamaki came back. He assumed it was just something cute where they got each other pjs, but just in case, y'know?
He flinched slightly at hearing Tamaki call his name, though.
“Mirio..?”
“Yeah!”
“Can- can you bring me the other pair I bought..? I had another idea but... I'm... uhm... too... nervous...”
“Oh, yeah, sure, of course!” Mirio looked around for a moment, then realized that there was a similar pair in their dresser drawer. One with his logo on it! And it was significantly smaller. Aw.
Mirio took the pair, walking to the bathroom, where he assumed Tamaki to be considering where his voice was coming from, and knocked, then opened the door enough to fit his hand through. He felt the pajamas tugged from his hand, and pulled back. “What'd you get originally?”
“ITS- it's too small anyway! I-I hafta return it...”
Mirio laughed a little at his response, yet held most of it in. He had a couple ideas, and especially since Tamaki was so small, he doubted whatever he'd bought was actually so small he'd be nervous about it.
Unless it was lingerie, or something. In that case, Mirio was definetly interested in seeing, but he wouldn't force him.
“Can I see? At least what it was? Ydont gotta wear it...”
Tamaki sighed, “Fine...” he quickly pulled on the pants, then opemed the door. He had a light blue sweater in his other hand, and Mirio's mind didn't even have to race with possibilities before he knew what it was.
“Awh. You'd look cute in one of those sweaters.”
“noooo!!” Tamaki his his face in Mirio's chest, quickly patting at his mouth as a way to shush him. Mirio laughed as he placed his hands on the other's waist, pulling him closer and leaning away from his hands.
“Heyyyy, don't be shy.”
“Just... nng... mmf.. if you really like it, I'll wear it next Christmas.”
“Wahhh? But I don't wanna wait that long!”
Tamaki stuck his tongue out, and Mirio tried to act mad, but it didn't work at all.
“Fine... What's this tradition thing about, anyway?”
The indigoette looked up at the other man, noticing the blush on his face. He found a bashful smile on his face aswell, just thinking he was being a bit silly. “It's this old thing my sister and I used to do. Mom would let us run wild in the pajama section and we would just get the stupidest looking pajamas we could find, and we would have to wear what the other got for us on Christmas eve and while opening presents. Just a little dumb thing...”