1

Ella's POV
•Note that this story is completed
Started December 24 2019- Finished February 25 2020
_________________

My dad's usually on business to provide for my family. People think he left us, my brothers, mom, and I but he's just at work. We call every night to talk to him. We all miss him.
I'm used to him being away but it still hurts and it's most definitely a sore spot. Today was the last day before winter break here in the city, after today we would have three and a half weeks off. And most importantly I would get to see my father.
As I am heading to my seventh period class my ex best friend pushes me and I start to fall, but I somehow I never hit the floor. And she looked like she wanted to rip my head off. So I then looked behind me to see Luca Ricci holding me up. He was about six foot tall, brown almost black hair and beautiful hazel eyes.
You see my ex bestie Marisa has liked him since we were little, and that whole pushing stunt she tried with me didn't work out because she wanted Luca's attention but I got it instead.
His hazel eyes bore into my own green eyes.
"Thanks" i say slightly blushing not knowing what to do.
"Any time" he said to me and gave me a smirk. He then set me upright and walked away. So I then turned to a fuming Marisa.

"What the hell Marisa" I say

"Don't be all over my man you slut ,thought daddy said you couldn't have no mans to begin with, oh wait he's not here" she said voice dripping with venom but also in a condescending tone.

"First off he's not yours he's not anyone's. And secondly never talk about my father. Your such a bitch how was I ever friends with you" I retorted. I then walked away not wanting to deal with her bullshit.

After the last three boring periods, school was out for the next three and a half weeks. As I started my ten minute walk home I was yanked by my hair. Damn I couldn't even get off campus.
I look around to see Marisa and her fake ass friends.

"What the fuck Marisa"

"Revenge for touching my man"

She then took a swing so I ducked, elbowing her in the face. She then instantly let go of my hair and recoiled. Once she let go I saw there was no blood and her nose was perfectly straight. Now she can't say I attacked her. There's no proof and it was not broken.

'Damn' I think

She then swung again. Her fist grazed my cheek and I didn't duck low enough and that caused her ring cut my cheek.

Before I could swing again I felt two large arms wrap around me and pull me back from her. She had the same thing done by Caleb Sinclair, but the question was who was holding me.

I look back and see Luca again. What was it with him. I am perfectly cape able of defending my self. Caleb then set Marisa down but Luca had not done the same with me.

"Luca put me down" I demanded

"Yeah and let you try and kill her again. I don't think so" he said in a annoyed tone. He then walked over to a black car and put me in and closed the door. It wouldn't open then I realized he had the child lock on. Damn him.

Then the door next to my seat opened and Luca slid in while Caleb got into the drivers seat and Giovanni, Luca's brother in my grade got into the passengers side. Caleb then pulled away from school to who knows where.

I then turned to Luca and glared daggers at him. He returned my glare with an apologetic yet annoyed look.

"What the hell Luca" I snap

"Ella you two fighting isn't a good thing because you'll hurt her and then she'll use it against you. I of all people know how she thinks." He said and gave me a pointed look.

"I don't need your help ya' know" I said and pouted. I don't know why I was acting like this. I never pouted. Why was it different when it came to him. Why was I feeling safe with him, yet completely vulnerable at the same time. Why was it so different. Why me?