4

Ella's POV
____________________________

It's been a week since break started meaning we have another two and a half weeks.

My dad is supposed to come home tomorrow and I'm so excited, but he is the only one who doesn't know about Luca. Let's just say Lorenzo was annoyed but since he knew Luca better then Jacob did he didn't completely freak out.

My over protective and overly annoying brothers finally came to terms that I was dating him and not that they one hundred percent approve or anything but they'll be civil if I bring him over. Plus Lorenzo is friends with him.

But mom is ecstatic that I finally have "a social life" meanwhile I have friends and I go out to parties. She also loves Luca she calls him a gentleman.

Anyway dad is coming home tomorrow night and I'm so happy I haven't seen him in three months. And he calls in the afternoon now since break just started.

"Ells phone" mom said from the kitchen. As I walk to the kitchen and she hands it to me.

"Hey Ella ." My father says

"Hi daddy I can't wait to see you tomorrow night I can't wait to spend Christmas together like old times. I miss you daddy" I told him. I really am a daddy's girl.

"Honey about that..." he starts, but I already know.

"You're not coming aren't you" I mumble as tears prick my eyes. I had so much hope this year.

"Honey..." he tries again

"Goodbye daddy have a nice Christmas I love you" I say upset and hanging up the phone. I then run to my room tears streaming down my face. He promised that he would be here. My birthday is on Christmas Eve which is in two days. My 16th birthday missed like last years and my 15th birthday two years ago. He promised and now that promise is broken. Again. My mom then walks into my room.

"Ella honey I called Luca he'll be here in ten minutes" I barely registered what she had said. I just hugged my pillow and cried into it.

Like my mom had said Luca showed up ten minutes later and had walked into my room and sat on my bed.

"Hey sweet girl" he said in a calm soothing voice. He then continued

"your mom called and said you needed me, care to tell me what happened." He asked in a smooth sweet voice. I just let go I've my tear soaked pillow and hugged Luca like my life depended on it. He then whispered sweet nothings into my ear until I calmed down.

"Now why is my sweet Ella crying" he asked quietly as he played with a lock of my brownish blonde hair. I then shifted how I was sitting so he was hugging me from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder.
____________________________
Luca's POV
______________

When Ella's mom had called me saying Ella needed me I told my parents that I had to go. I was helping out at my momma's restaurant that my dad had bought for her so many years ago. They know I'd explain later so they just let me leave.

On the phone I had told Ella's mother I'd only be ten minutes since I was at the restaurant.

Once I got there Mrs. Marino Ella's mother had told me to go to Ella's room since that's where she was.

The second I walked in I hear her crying and my heart immediately broke. Why was my Ella crying and why wasn't I here to stop her from hurting. I knew from the moment in the hallway when Marisa had pushed her she was different. I had seen girls cry before and it had not affected me in fact I pushed them away, but with her I wanted to comfort her and protect her so the world was not able to hurt her anymore. I know I love her but I'm afraid to tell her, and I'm afraid she doesn't love me back.

As I sit on her bed and told her that her mother had called me, I had asked what happened. While asking I tried to say it as calming as possible so I didn't make her anymore upset.

She then hugged me as if her life depended on it. Her grip was so tight I thought it would break her and I whispered sweet nothings into her ear and she visibly calmed down. I had finally asked my question to her.

"Now why is my sweet Ella crying" I asked wanting answers so I could fix it.

She shifted her position she was sitting in so I hugged her from behind, I put my chin on her shoulder and played with a lock of her brownish blonde hair while still holding her in my embrace. She sighed and started to speak.

"As you can see my dad isn't here much. He's away for work... a lot. He's missed my birthday for the past two years and he promised he'd be here b-but he's not coming and this'll be the third year in a row b-but he promised." she told me starting to get mad.

I brought her closer in my embrace. I can tell that her dad means a lot to her and I can tell how upset she is.

"I'm sorry baby... my sweet Ella" i say to her and kiss her cheek. I then turn her around so she's facing me and kiss her forehead, then I kiss nose causing her to giggle.

"Better?" I ask

"Much now that you're here." She say smiling.
____________________________
Ella's POV
______________
After he calms me down he starts to kiss my face, after he kisses my nose I giggle. I then muster up as much courage as possible and kiss his cheek.

"My beautiful Ella" he says smiling at me.