Chapter 2- Just an hour ago...- PICO

-PICO-

“Is she ok Jones?” I asked as he came out of the Dolce room- I wasn't allowed to enter while Jones and Nancy were treating her. Frey sat at the dining table with me in silence staring at her feet as her fingers were fiddling with her hair. She doesn't look like her self at all. Dolly has been telling me- just an hour ago- how she is worried about Frey. Just an hour ago…

“She’s fine. She’s just unconscious from that fall and some bruises, not serious though. She will wake up any second Pico.” He responded as his lips curved into a small smile. I simply nodded unsure in how I should react.

“That's great,” Frey responded half-heartedly finally lifting her head. A smile appeared on her face but it looked half-hearted too.

“Pico …Who is the Wooly on your knees?” Jones inquired lifting a brow.

“It’s so cute!” Nancy squealed rushing towards me in delight before I could respond- she lifted it in her arms before I could explain,

“Oh! Mr. Fluffrocious! Its Dolly’s friend!” I exclaimed, just realizing that all this time he was on my knees.

“More like Pico’s friend,” corrected a familiar voice corrected opening the door of our room. Dolly peeped at the side of the door with a slight grin on her face.

“DOLLY!” I shrieked running towards the door. She was already out of her bed, “Geez, You should rest Milady!” I shrieked, jumping to hug her with some tears in my eyes.

“Were you that worried? I’m fine.” She said in her soft, delicate voice but her cheeks are fiery red, she was limping but she ignored the pain and hugged me back. I could hear her soul literally cry, ‘I don't know what I have done without Pico.’ Nancy pushed a chair close to the door for her to rest on so she won't walk anymore.

“Mr. Fluffrocious is a wooly Pico found while we were looking for some clothing materials, he was bullied by other Woolys so Pico and I fought for him and started check on daily. Today, we found him on top of the tree and he was stuck so I climbed and fell…Is he ok?” Dolly panicked after recalling our story, and looked at him with a worried glance.

“He is fine,” Frey said looking up at Dolly, “I checked him while you and Pico had a- um… friendly moment and he is just a little tired since you saved him, he has no wounds.” Frey has a talent of taking care of monsters, she has a barn full of them! So we all trust her ways with animals.

Dolly blushed and cannot glance at Frey’s direction but murmured, “Thanks… if you…”

Dolly seemed as shy as ever so I spoke out her thoughts for her-as usual,    “Dolly is really grateful for everything you did and says to properly thank you she wants to treat you to something.”

Frey was quite surprised, “It was no problem and thanks, I guess we can hang out sometime.” She  scratched the back of her head trying to act natural  but an awkward silence quickly took over the room.

Dr. Jones broke the ice, “What about the wooly?”

“Can we keep him Jones!?” Nancy chirped in before me and Dolly could respond.

“We don't have space…” Jones stated as everyone exchanged glances.

“Yes, that's true.” Nancy nodded, finally regaining her adult self.

“I have place at my monster barn, you can keep him there and Dolly can feed, brush and check on him daily.” Frey solved the problem with no problem at all. After all, she is such a great princess! I wonder how fun it would be to spy on her…

“If its fine for you, its fine for me.” Dolly answered displaying her ‘cool’ side, deep down inside, Dolly is screaming, “YES! YES! YES! THANKS FREY SOOOO MUCH!”

“Yeah sure, No problem.” Frey shrugged it off, continued with the cool act.

“About the thanks…meet me at the castle door at 10 am tomorrow,” said Dolce, shy as ever- its the cutest thing about Dolce.

“Yeah. Ok, see you then!” Frey walked down the stairs with a smile, which I believe looked nothing like a real smile…

“That's. Not. Frey” Said Nancy while everyone nodded in agreement.

I know- I definitely know what Dolly had in mind…

‘Dolly’ I asked her exchanging secret thoughts through her mind, ‘So you just want to help Frey because of the worries she shows through her fake expressions?’

‘I guess… I want to offer her a shoulder to cry on but it wont be that easy- me and Frey aren’t that close…’ Dolce responded calmly displaying her real thoughts.

‘I will be there too! Let’s at the very least cheer her up- we can do it Dolly!’ I exclaimed cheerfully.

Dolce hesitated unsure what to answer but finally did, ’Sur-Sure…’

I could see her blushing after our little conversation- if Dolly wants to help Frey then I already know she can do it! All I have to do is guide her so she could be confident- helping one another is what friends are for!