Chapter 2

Today's a busy day. It's only a half day, but the rest of the day i have to be working hard for my competition tomorrow. I have two routines, a classic ballet and a free choice which I am doing hip hop. I am so exited to compete against Alex! I am going to have a tough time falling asleep tonight.

Today I start with my Hip-Hop session. James is in this session with me also, he's very good at hip-hop. I would think hip hop is his strongest dance style, but ballet defiantly is his best. When he dances it looks like it takes zero effort for him. He looks so graceful like an angel. The teacher pulls James and I out of the group.

When me and James get up to Mr.Kranz, he speaks out to the bclass .
"Amber and James will be examples today."
Mr.Kranz has examples for everything we do in our class and each day it's two new people. He picked James and I because we are one of the bests in class. A voice in our group speaks up. " What are we doing today?"
Mr.Kranz politely replies smiling, as if he knows about my secret crush on James. "We are working on partner Hip-Hop dancing."
I blush slightly making my cheeks turn a light pink color. I look at James and he smiles. This should be interesting,I've never partner danced with anyone before. James and I wait for Mr.Kranz to use us for an example and after minutes of talking he does.
"Miss Amber, you stand her, and James you stand behind her." He gives a few other commands, showing the class how to do multiple different things for hip-hop partner dance.

As I was enjoying dancing with him, the dismissal bell disrupts my peace and everyone scatters off to there next classes. Just James and I remain in the room. I smile at him and begin to talk as I gather my bag, I feel a bit faint but I just blow it off.
" You are very good at dancing,when did you start?"
" I started dancing when I was very young, it runs in the family."
" I am the only person in my family who can dance."

Rachel passes by and see's me, disrupting our conversation.
"Hey Amber! Come on we're gonna be late for Math."
Without considering that I was talking she pulls my arm and drags me out with her. As I walk out I smile at James and he smiles back.

The last bell rings and everyone flees joyfully. I slowly leave again feeling faint and nauseated , I just figured it was the nerves so I don't think much of it.I walk to my dorm listening to people chatting talking about there plans to go to the beach, or go to a party. I smile as some look at me. I seem to be the only one walking alone, not joyous about the weekend. I am exited, but also nervous. I go into my dorm to my surprise Maria is here.

Maria is one of my roommates. She's often gone with her friends but she's here studying . Must be a big test, or something but I am not sure so I ask her.
"Hey Maria! Why aren't you out with your friends?"
" Hi Amber. I'm studying for an entry Exam for the Russian Doll Dance Academy , it's the best of the best schools. Hopefully I'll start attending there next month!"
" Well good luck. I'm sure you will love it there! I have to go practice for tomorrow."
"Okay, good luck! Kick Alex's butt!!"
" Thanks Maria."
I quickly get dressed into practice clothes and I head down to the shack to grab a bite to eat. I grab an Apple and vitamin water then I go to Studio C, where I reserved time to practice.

Once I'm there I lay down my bag and put my music in. When the music comes on I feel like I'm in a whole different world, I feel invincible. I Move along to the music counting my steps and focusing on gracefulness. Then my body stopped. The room started to spin, but I was not. I felt weak and sick. Then almost instantly my mind goes black and I fall to the floor.