Chapter 5

Its been about two weeks sense I was diagnosed with cancer. Every day I become more tired and depressed. I wake up to my mother telling me she has a surprise for me,I mumble.I doubt it's something I will actually enjoy. I pull myself out of the bed and get dressed. I put on an everyday me outfit,skinny jeans and a graphic tee. My shirt quotes a famous author,C.S Lewis. I then slip on my converse and goes down the stairs.

"Good morning sunshine!" My mother is standing by the stove making eggs. This is odd my mother usually doesn't make breakfast. I grab a plate and sit at the table. I eat my food slowly and silently.
"So you ready to leave?"
I barley hear my mothers soft voice over the running water.
"Yeah, where are we going?"
"It's a surprise." She grins and she finishes washing the dishes.
I get my coat on and slip on my shoes and wait for my mother to come out to the car.

She gets in and starts the car, buckling her seatbelt. I turn on the radio and it's my favorite song. I sing along as if my mother isn't even in the car with me. She stops the engine and I look up seeing that we are at my dance academy.
"What are we doing?"
"You will see Amber."
We get out of the car and I follow her. She makes me cover my eyes before we walk into the building. We get inside and I hear nothing,and obviously I cannot see anything. She lets me uncover my eyes and I see all my fellow classmates and a few of my teachers.
"Suprise!"
They all shout with joy. There's a large banner that reads Get well soon. I smile as I see everyone, even He came. Everyone is all smiles and joy and I too am very smiley and laughing. I have not seen these people in a long time, I have not felt joy in what seems like forever. James grabs my arms to talk to me. I feel quite odd. Him and I rarely even speak.
"We all miss you here Amber! "
" I miss you all too. I get so lonely now sitting at home all day after Chemo."
"Maybe I will come visit you sometime, it will be fun."
I have the faintest feeling of butterflies in my stomach.James just asked me to hang out. Just him and I alone. I smile and try to hide my over joyous feeling.
"I have got nothing better to do. Let me know when and we will chill after my chemo."
I smile and he smiles back,showing his oddly straight and white teeth, we then go out opposite ways.
I see Rachel in the crowd of people and I make my way to say hi to her. I haven't spoken to my best friend in months. Neither of us have even tried to get ahold of each other. She walks up to me and we exchange a few awkward words and move on.
Hours pass by and everyone slowly leaves as hours pass. It's about 3 and all that's left is me and my mother. We pack our things and leave. I get home about 5 and I'm tired!