Chapter one

I look into the mirror before I leave my room for first session. I see my beautiful blonde hair that flows to my shoulders and I put it into a tight bun. It's easier this way, it stays out of my face. My hazel eyes shine in the sunlight. I smile my smile which is slightly crooked and off white, then I turn out my light and shut the door.

"Hey amber!" I hear the voice of my best friend Rachel coming from behind me.
Rachel is a beautiful red head with long hair to her mid back. She has pale skin and hazel eyes. Small freckles cover her nose and cheeks. She is a very outgoing kind hearted person who is never afraid to speak her mind.
"Hi Rachel." The annoying monotone bell rings, informing us that it's time for session one. Rachel quickly asks me a question, "What's your first session ?"
" I have technique and balance, what do you have?"
" Hip-Hop."
After the exchange of a few words, we go off to our classes.I stumble into my class right before the bell rings so I don't get yelled at.

First session is Technique and Balance. I don't enjoy this class very much because it's very boring, I only picked it because it's simple and an easy start to my day. I don't have much for friends in this class or any class really, but there is a guy that I have a few classes and sessions with. His name is James, he's tall and handsome. He has beautiful ocean blue eyes with dark brown curly hair. He is one of the best male dancers in our school. I doubt he has interest in me I don't even think he knows I exist. I always see him talking to Cathy a tall, beautiful ,and busty elegant girl, a year above him and I. She is in our first session one of the oldest in this class, this class is mostly suggested to the lower classes so most people are My class rank. I am the total opposite of her beautiful image. I'm only 5"2' , I'm very slim and I have shoulder length blonde hair and hazel eyes. Not the typical beauty queen.

Despite myself being on the less beautiful side I'm a very confident person. I am very comfortable in my skin and wouldn't change a thing. Except maybe my smile. I hate my smile!

I'm dazed off as Ms.Tomps, a middle aged lady, shows examples of different techniques . I cant stop thinking about my big competition in 2 days. I compete against Alex Mam, the highest ranked dancer in PTBA ( Professional Teen Ballet Academy). She is the only person in my way of being on top. She has been on top for as long as I can remember, this is the year for me to take that title from her. I am determined to win that champion title. I will!

The session is over and the bell rings, now it's time for class one. My day consists of three sessions, and three classes. Sessions are dance related, classes are educational. Every other day the classes and sessions switch. My days start at 9 and end at 4, with few breaks in the middle. Including a recreational time every Friday at the end of the day.

It's the end of the day and I'm walking to my living quarters and I hear a deep male voice say my name.
"Amber!" It's James, I am trying to imagine why he is talking to me, I didn't even know he knew I existed, I turn back to respond to him.
" H-Hi James ." I am very shy when it comes to boys, not very many come up to me and want to talk with me. I'm not a very bold person. I usually just keep to myself.
" I hear you have a big competition coming up in a few days, I just wanted to wish you luck!"
" Oh, yeah, thanks." I say in a bashful voice and smile as I am caught off guard. How does he know? He walks off past me as I go up the stairs to my dorm.

I open the door and throw my bag on the bed. I plop onto me bed. I'm here alone so I just lay on my bed and listen to some music. Hours go by and soon it's lights out. Everyone is back and we all go to bed. I lay there for a few more hours running through my dance for the competition in my head . It's almost midnight before I finally fall asleep.