Chapter 1: Infinite Power

「10,000??」

The voice that had spoken in my head had said that the DORECA had been charged by 10,000.

If I remember correctly Seiya said that it was charged by 100.

I didn't do anything and yet I received 100 times more magic.

This.....what's the meaning of this?
『You've accomplished your first magic charging.』
「U-uhh.」
『Just like this, you and your slave can charge your magic corresponding to this.』

Without paying any attention to my question, Ilia gave me a businesslike explanation.

Well, I didn't actually do anything though? If I had to say something then all I did was shake hands though?

I asked, but Ilia ignored it and continued talking.

『Please restore this world the best that you can.』

At that moment, Risha (pronounced Reesha) and I were engulfed in a bright light.

The light was so dazzling that I couldn't open my eyes.

『Please.....』

Ilia's voice becomes distant.

After a short time, the light dimmed.

I opened my eyes. I was no longer on top of the clouds but instead a vast wilderness.

There's nothing....it's an empty wilderness as far as the eyes can see.
Next to me, Risha has an anxious expression as she looks around furtively.

「We got kicked out already huh? Well it was the same with Seiya though...」

Now that I think of it, I look around. Seiya and his slave are nowhere to be seen.

There aren't any footprints or traces of their presence so they were probably sent to somewhere different.

「Master」 (TN: Classic Goshujin-sama)

Risha spoke up and pointed her finger at the other side while gazing at me.

I looked where she was pointing, and there I saw something that looked like a house.

It was a round thatched house; it was like a pit dwelling during the Jomon Period.

There's nothing else around here, just that single house.

「It's like a house...」
「Yes.」
「I wonder if anyone is living there? Shall we take a look?」
「Ok」

Risha and I start to walk towards the house alongside each other.

Because she is a slave, Risha walks one step behind me.

As we approach the house I call out.

「Begging your pardon! Is anyone home?」
「Who is it.....?」

I heard an answer. It was a pretty weak voice.

「*Cough*Cough* I'm sorry, I can't get up at the moment.....」

Risha and I exchanged glances and entered.

The room was empty except for the man sprawled out inside of it.

The man raised himself on his elbow and looked over at us.

「Human.....? And an Eternal Slave huh? It's been a while since I've seen one....」

The man said this then started to cough even more.

It was a fitful cough that you could tell was painful just by looking at him.