Chapter 9: Fierce Battle and Evolution

I was wondering what I should make next as I stood in front of the storehouse looking at my menu. As I looked at it I noticed that there was something new I could create.

There were two materials needed, warrior(bushino) stone and the claws of a slavebeast.

I used my magic and made the magic circle.

We had quite a lot of warrior stones inside the storehouse so it was pretty obvious that the arrow would point at it.

The other arrow pointed off towards the horizon, when I looked in that direction I saw the ground shining.

Outside the town there was a patch of empty wasteland shining.

I was wondering why it appeared so close as I headed towards it.

Then,

「This......this is the ape's claws?」

It was the claws of those apes that rushed over and attacked, had vicious faces, and turned back into humans once I defeated them.

Since the things that were shining should be the slavebeast's claws, then those ape things should be called slavebeasts right?

The arrow was pointing at these claws on the ground.

When I saw that, I thought for a bit.

After a bit, I pulverized the claws on the ground into little bits.

The arrow shifted by 90 degrees and pointed in another direction.

There should be slavebeasts.....ape-people in that direction!
***************

I chased after the arrow.

I walked until I was about 30 minutes away from the town.

Just when I was starting to get sick of it, I finally encountered the slavebeasts.

There were about 20 apes hanging around on top of a rocky mountain.

They were as vicious looking as always and their claws were shining.

「20 of them」

I muttered. I crushed the claws so that I could use the magic circle like a radar to get here.

My objective is to defeat the slavebeasts, turn them back into humans, and increase the number of people in my town.

The apes came down the mountain one after another and headed towards me.

Their vicious faces and aggressiveness is the same as before.

They're probably as weak as the ones before too.

'I'll accept your challenge'——-I thought but at that moment...

「U-uki......」

The apes were frightened.

As they were heading towards me they suddenly stopped, looked terrified, did a 180, and all ran away.

What's going on?

I don't think that it's me that they're scared of...

I turned around.

And there I found the 「thing」 that the apes were afraid of.

From my left a monster appeared.

It was a giant caterpillar covered in white hair, an elka.

It was charging——but suddenly it slammed on the brakes, and with a speed I'd never seen before, it turned 90 degrees and started to dash away.