F O U R

ARES 

"Oh, it's beautiful" Madison exclaimed in awe, looking at the moderate two story cabin house. 

"If you think the front's beautiful, you should check out the back of the house" I smiled at her, pulling our luggage out of the car. 

She glanced at me "Is it pretty?" 

I grinned at her "It's gorgeous" 

Markos giggled and clapped his hands loudly. 

My grin widened and I booped his nose before carrying our luggage up the stairs. 

"I've never seen him this excited" Madi said, gazing down at her son with a fond smile on her face. 

I smiled at her and unlocked the door, quickly ushering her inside before I gathered the rest of our luggage and deposit it neatly in the living room. 

"Okay, I take it back" Madi said in astonishment "This place is absolutely amazing!" 

I laughed "I'm glad you like it" 

"And look at that view!" She exclaimed, gazing outside through the glass sliding door windows. 

I leaned against the living room frame and followed her gaze "It's much better since we fixed the deck" 

She looked at me in surprise "You did that?" 

I nodded "Mr. Young, Rhys, and I worked on this deck and the gazebo all last summer" 

"You did the gazebo too?" 

I nodded 

"Whose idea was to put it on the water?" 

I grinned at her "Mine" 

"I knew it!" she smiled back. 

"How'd you know?" 

"Because it screams 'Ares" She smiled "Only you would want a deck on the water" 

"It's beautiful" I defended, smiling at her "Not to mention practical during the fishing season" 

She rolled her eyes "Down boy,it was just an observation"

I laughed and nodded towards the kitchen "Did you have a chance to check out the kitchen yet?" 

"No" she said "Why?" 

"Because I think I finally found your dream kitchen"