Al

My breathing was heavy, sitting on chair with electric wires strapped around my wrists ankle and other body parts

My breathing was heavy, sitting on chair with electric wires strapped around my wrists ankle and other body parts. The light coming from the computer screen in front of me was more brighter than ever, blinding my eyes in this dark room where the computer was the only source of light.

My heart beat was rising slowly as the green light was turning red, dropping my growth rate with every question I answered.

I could see disappointment written over everyone's face. But there was nothing I can do for it.

"Do you still take those medicines?" Doctor asked.

I nodded my head in positive and Minho shook in negative.

Colour again turned red under my name, while his glowed green.

"Do memories of past still haunts you?"

There was a slight hesitation in his voice while asking this question.

"Yes." Minho and I spoke at the same time. And the colour flashed red under both name.

Doctor closed his notepad, while we removed the straps.

"So it's 3 out of 8 for Y/N and 6 out of 8 for you Minho. It's good to see Minho you are improving but Y/N..."

I know my progress was slow but there was a progress and no was ready to acknowledge it.

"But Doctor--"

"Check up is done, it's Uncle now not doctor. " he stopped me, indicating now we were on personal level not professional.

"Isn't it a progress last time I was 2 but now I'm 3." I argued.

"Last time I was 4." Minho commented from behind causing me to shoot him a glare.

Uncle cleared his throat to grab our attention.

"Y/N you are mentally and physically fit, so why do you take medicines still?"

"I.. I don't know.. I just feel restless without it.. just incomplete. "

"You lack emotional attachment, lack people around you. " he stated, not even taking any time to think over my confession.

His comment sparked annoyance inside me. How can he say this when he knows what kind of situation I'm in now.

"But it's been only a month that I've left that hole and started going out and making friends." My tone was sharp but softened at the last word of my sentence remembering few faces.

And Minho chuckled again.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Uncle asked scribbling something on his notepad.

His question caught me off guard, and also spiked Minho's interest.

"Huh?"

"Well let me rephrase it, you said you made friends which is impressive but are you romantically involved with anyone by any chance?"