eleven

I decided I wanted to do something nice with Theo on our day off. I got dressed and woke up Theo .

"Baby get up and dressed, we're going to explore downtown a bit," I said, while shaking him from side to side.

He whine, and put the pillow over his head.

"Theo don't make me do it," I said, and he just whined louder. I put my fingers on his sides and started tickling him.

"AHAH MAX STOP, I'mup I'm UP!" He yelled, pushing my hands away from him.

"Good, now get dressed," I said, kissing him on the forehead and going to make myself some coffee.

I sat at the table and began sipping my coffee, until I heard Theo walk down the stairs.

"I'm done!" He said, spinning in circles as to show off his outfit.

He was in a blue and white vertical striped shirt, tucked into his jeans with a belt around it.

I grabbed his hips and pulled him into me.
"You look beautiful, now let's go," I said, and took his hand and led him out of the door.

-

We've been driving for little over 20 minutes and we started to see the streets lined with Christmas lights, and tons of cool looking places.

"Ooo! Max ! Max ! Let's stop here, let's go in there theo said, his eyes gleaming like a child's.

"Sure," I said, and pulled over into a parking spot.

He dragged me into a candle store and I was instantly met with an overload of scents.

He would go to one, pick it up, smell it, smile, and repeat.

His hands were now overfilled with candles.

"Baby, baby," I whispered, used to having to hide.

He looked at me.
"Baby, you've got to put one down," I said, taking a few off the top of the pile he had going.

He whined, but complied and started taking the candles off, just keeping one.

———————————————————————————

"After all of those candles you stuck with a plain vanilla?" I said, chucking lightly, and handing him his ice cream, and taking a lick from Mine.

"Hey, nothing beats a good vanilla candle okay?" He said, I rolled my eyes and he took a bite out of his ice cream.

We walked over to a railing, which had a lake view beyond it.

I leant up against the rail, looking at him. He was smiling. That smile was golden, and I was convinced there was nothing better than it.

I love that smile.

He looked at me, his eyes smiling with him. I blushed a little, and leant into him.

I looked at the view I front of us. The sky was bright yellow, and had pink and orange fading in at the sides. It was gorgeous.

Something from the ground caught my eye. I looked down at the shining metal, to realize it was a nut, for tools.

Something in my head told me to pick it up. I bent over and slid the warm metal nut over my finger.

Wait.

I looked back at him. He was still captured by the beauty of the sky.

I got down on my knee.

"Theo," I spoke. He turned his head towards me, and his facial expression melted into golden honey.

"Max-" he spoke, but I quickly cut him off.

"I don't know where I would be without you. The day I met you my life began to change. Where would I be now? With Meredith, fighting every night, our children hearing us? No, I'd much rather be here with you. To sleep with you, and next to you, and you have your face be the first thing I see when I wake up. To have tour laugh be my favorite sound."

His eyes were filling with tears, the sunset reflecting into his eyes causing them to sparkle.

I sniffed.
"If you would have told me a few months ago that I'd be right here, I would have called you crazy. But I'm so lucky to have someone so glorious like you. Theadore Christopher Dublin , would you marry me?" I asked, and it was as if that question wasn't even something that should be asked.

He slipped his finger into the nut, and brought me into a hug.

The world was golden

It was shining

And was warm

And had honey blonde hair

I hugged my world tighter

"I love you." I said quietly into his ear. I pulled back from the hug and looked him in the eyes.

"I love you!" I said loudly, laughing happily.

"I love you!" He replied,

And from anyone else's perspective, we were two crazy lunatics

But from mine

We were two maniacs in love

And I wouldn't want it any other way

———

No this isn't the last chapter, don't freak out

Original written date : December 28th 2019