53: semi's ending

'Killer Queen...'

     There was a sigh that came from behind you, and, upon turning around, you were met with the constantly-creased face of Mother Semi. Once he realised you'd spotted him, he gave you a tired smile and walked closer to you. He got close enough to not have to yell and then ran a hand through his hair, messing it up and therefore making him look like a tiktok e-boy.

Semi said, "I suppose you got my message from Alisa."

"I did," you replied, instantly feeling anxious for what he was about to say. He and Reon basically posed as the lesbian mothers for this team and so you literally expected some sort of 'rant expressing worry' from him. Or maybe some sort of lecture on why crying isn't a good thing to do before a match. But it wasn't as though you'd cried before your match... right?

He gave an exasperated sigh and then sat down on the nearest bench. Semi looked out onto the court and found Tendou stood awkwardly while being lectured by Coach Washijo. "He's such a problem child," Semi muttered, not really minding if you heard him or not, "I don't understand how anyone can put him with him."

You thought about his words for a minute, wondering whether he was joking around or being dead serious. "He's not that bad," you muttered back, giving your honest opinion and half-hoping he'd laugh and tell you that he was joking.

He did laugh, but it wasn't the laugh you'd expected. I mean, Semi's laugh didn't sound like what you'd expect it to, but this laugh didn't sound like a laugh at all. It sounded rather hollow. It sounded as though he didn't really find it funny at all.

"I, um," he stammered (it was rare for Semi to stammer), "I've been friends with Tendou for quite some time now, and he's always been there for me... in his own special way. And, don't get me wrong, he gives great advice, but that poor boy just falls in love too quickly."

Tilting your head in confusion, you silently beckoned him to continue. Semi saw your confusion and elaborated carefully.

"He's had one or two girlfriends in the past. They weren't nice people, but he was really blind when it came to things like that." He ran his hand through his hair again. "Tendou doesn't see personality or looks - he just sees someone he can depend on."

You stopped for a minute. "That's... really sad."

Semi quickly cleared his throat and laughed slightly. "I didn't mean for it to come out so depressingly, but it's true - he just wanted a girlfriend for the thrill of being loved for once by someone who wasn't his mother.

"And, uh, I'm obviously not calling you unkind, but..."

"Wait, why are we bringing me into this?"

Semi went quiet and pulled a face riddled with guilt. He tapped his fingers on the bench that he gripped so tightly and focused his eyes on the ground instead of the red-headed blocker in question. "I wasn't meant to say that. It's not my job. Sorry, but he does like you."

"...oh," was all you had to say.

"Yeah."

It was awfully quite for a few minutes (which seemed like hours) until Tendou turned back around from where he was STILL being lectured by Washijo and winked at Semi, and then proceeded to slut-drop and blow a kiss at you. What blew your mind was that it actually suited Tendou to be so feminine, and you wouldn't be surprised if he eventually came out as gay.

Just saying. But, of course, it was ok if he wasn't.

Semi scoffed, although the smirk on his face said otherwise. "Idiot," he mumbled, sighing and running a hand through his hair again. "Say, (name), have you ever felt jealous?"

You grinned. "Why, do you wish you could slut-drop like Tendou?"

"I am jealous of Tendou, but not in that way."

The joke was shut down. Thanks Semi. "In what way then?"

"He..." Semi carefully thought about his words. "He always likes the same girls as I do."

His words went completely over your head as he carried on, "the first girl that he liked was the one that I'd liked since primary school. I let her like her and didn't say anything because I didn't want to get his spirits down. The second one I'd liked for a while but then Tendou decided to go out with her. And then the third one-"

"Semi, do you like me?" It finally clicked, and you watched with a bashful smile as he choked on air and turned bright red. He'd exposed someone and been exposed and it seemed like everything was a little bit too much for someone like Semi.

He spat out some incoherent noises and words and then cleared his throat once more before taking a deep breath in. A few people had turned to look at the mess he'd become which fuelled his embarrassment even more. Luckily, though, Tendou hasn't even looked his way (it was as though he was used to Semi making these noises... wait, no-)

He took another deep breath for good luck. "I do," he whispered with slight confidence. "I've liked you for a while now, (name)."

You smiled from ear to ear and then threw your arms around him. "So cute, Semisemi."

"Oi, don't call me Semisemi...!"

"But thank you for telling me that. I'll have you know that you've caught my attention from time to time."

"So, you're not entirely sure that you like me yet..?"

You removed your arms from around him (avoiding the pointing stares from Ushijima) and tapped your chin in thought. You also noticed that Semi had turned slightly pink as he watched you do so and his feelings for you were more obvious now than ever. "I might know for sure if you take me out some time."

He coughed. "On... on a date?"

"No. With a gun."

Semi laughed. This time, it was genuine. "Only if you can take me out first."

"On a date or with a gun?"

"Surprise me."

You laughed along with him. Jokes about guns were seemingly funny at this point in time. "Well, Ive always wanted to see all the sights in Sendai."

"Wait, you haven't been around Sendai even though you've been living here for six months?" He seemed genuinely shocked, as though you were capable of going around the big city by yourself every weekend.

"Er, no."

"Well then." Confidently, he slapped his legs (like a British person announcing their exit) and furrowed his eyebrows with a determined look in his eye. "Around Sendai it is."

———
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL HOW THE HECK DID I GET 100K ON THIS
WHERE ARE ALL OF THE READS COMING FROM MY HEART IS ACTUALLY VERY SLIGHTLY HURTING I HOPE ITS NOT CORONAVIRUS THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH AAAAHHHHFHFHFHFJF

also howdy this is secret ending #1
semisemi :):)
and next we have the FINAL PART (no) which is secret ending #2 (i've seen a few correct guesses so congrats to you guys)

also i think my next story will be about kuroo :):) and i want the reader to be someone's sister... but whom??