10. Someone from the Past

Ryuichi was sitting in front of his computer in their Osaka branch, immersed in so many thoughts. His hands were clasped just over his nose, seriously calculating the possibilities relative to the report he had received. He was looking at a ten-year data of an illegal ammunition trade.

The door opened and smelling a familiar scent, he raised his head to look at the woman who had entered the room.

"Mom." His brows were still furrowed.

"You have been needlessly away from home for more than a month and you were not particularly communicative these days." The beautiful woman approached him. She hugged her son's head on her chest and laid her chin on top of his head. "What's wrong?"

"I'm okay, mom."

"Hmm, you can say that to the martians."

Ryuichi's lips slightly curled up.

Rumi's eyes went to the computer screen and immediately understood what the data was about, "You investigated them? Why? They are not related to you in any way."

"Have you known this already?"

"Yes, but since they are not doing anything to harm the corporation, I'm not interfering." She moved to sit on the couch meters away from her son's table and tapped the space beside her.

Ryuichi stood up and sat beside his mom. "If this gets out, it will greatly damage the corporation's name. You will lose a lot of businesses."

With a teasing smile, she tilted her head to intently look at the handsome face in front of her. "Hmm, the husband's worried about the wife?"

He stood up and with hands in his trouser's pockets and his back on his mom, he declared his plan, "I want to buy all of their shares."

"Those two?"

"Yes, and I need more."

Rumi frowned, "Why?"

"Countermeasures."

"For? Has this something to do with Yukio?"

"He's looking into buying some of the other directors' shares. I heard that he's already making some moves."

"Why? Even before Genzo completely transfers all the shares to him, he already has the highest percentage. Why does he want more?"

"I think it's not for him. For Eiji." He turned to face his mom.

Rumi's eyes widened in disbelief. "Eiji?"

"If I'm not mistaken, he is gathering power and authority for that man."

"Son, you got this wrong. Yukio and Eiji are not lovers. I can't explain this well, maybe you can blame it on my intuition and mind you, my intuition had done so much for our business, our family and the corporation. One thing's for sure between them, their bond is strong but they are not lovers."

"Mom, every one is bound to make a mistake."

"No, think this over." She lowered her head and shook it in sorrow. Her son was blinded with jealousy. "I will not stop you in buying those two's shares and cut their ties with the corporation. After you do that, I will transfer my shares to you. I have no need for them since our business needs my focus, too, and I want to concentrate my efforts in helping your dad."

"Thank you, mom."

"But even after that, Yukio will still have more with his dad's shares." She stood up and held his son's hand with both of hers. "Son, you are misunderstanding him. I know what's in there, "She pointed her finger on the center of his chest. "Don't make things so hard for both of you. Don't you think he has already suffered enough for you to add more pain?" She stared at him with a disappointed look.