29

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
This episode contains mature themes, and talk about self harm.

.
.
.

My stomach dropped as Chase's eyes met mine.
I was frozen in place.

Chase then took the initiative and walked my way, his eyes traveling over my tense body.

"kenzie i-" Chase began

"What are you doing here" i interrupted

Chase looked taken aback by my abruptness.
"Well, I-I came to see you." chase stuttered out
He reached for my hand, but i pulled away.
"Kenzie, i miss you." He said

My heart raced and thousands of thoughts swirled through my mind.
I was drowning in my own worries and imagination and before i knew it, it got harder to breathe.
My lungs felt like they were collapsing and my legs felt like jelly.

Chase looked at me his face struck with concern.

My head was pounding and my hands became clammy.
Before i know it i lost balance and tumbled to the floor, my head colliding with the hard ground.

————————————————————————

I struggled to open my eyes. But my other senses were working perfectly fine.

I felt myself being carried over someone's shoulder, and heard the sounds of the ground squishing beneath their feet.

But that wasn't all i heard.
I heard yelling, like people were arguing.

Anthony's loud husky filled my ears.
"What did you do to her?" he shouted

"I didn't do anything, she just sort of fainted." Chase butted back

"Yeah, i wonder why. Maybe it's cause he ex, you know the one who cheated on her, decided to show up out of the blue." Anthony said obviously digging at Chase.

"Whatever, i'm trying ok. Plus it's not like you're any better it's so obvious you and avani have your own little thing." Chase protested

Anthony went silent for a moment.

"How do you know about that?" he asked

Chase laughed, "so it's true?"

I could hear anthony opening his mouth, probably in order to make up some excuse, but instead he remained quite and didn't speak for the rest of the walk.

After a while Chase began to slow down, and then he gently layed me down on a soft blanket he must have gotten from the tent.
We were back at the campsite.

My eyes slowly opened, and when they did the first thing i saw was Chase's cheesy smile.

"what are you smiling at?" i grumpily asked

"You. I'm happy to see you conscious and in action that's all." he joked

I heard Anthony scoff from a distance but i ignored it.