Chapter 2

Kiss You Inside Out

Chapter 2: Farha's P.O.V.

3 years earlier

*honk, honk*

'That boy has no patience, does he?' Mom asked, looking out the window.

'Well, he has made us late enough,' I said laughing. I kissed her on the cheek and ran out the door.

'Hurry! We can't be late on the first day of school,' Zayn exclaimed as I settled down on the passenger seat.

Zayn and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. We met in year 1 and since then we've been inseparable. Our parents used to always say that when we got married we would have to take the other one with us.

'Now... Who's fault it that?' I asked, knowing he had once again woken up late.

'Um..' he said startled, looking away, 'look we're here!' . He proceeded to park in the parking lot and we made our way into the school. I had biology first and he had history so we parted ways, heading to our classes.

I entered the class and took a seat, and was taking a notebook out when I felt someone sit beside me. I turned to see a beautiful girl beside me. She had coffee colored skin that went perfectly with her shoulder length brown hair. She turned to me with a gleam in her eye and held out her hand 'Hi, I'm Maya.'

'I'm Farha,' I smiled at her and shook her hand. We both turned back to the front where Mr.Atkins had begun speak.

'We have a new student among us today,' he began gesturing to Maya, 'Is there anyone who would like to show her around during lunch today? Um... Ms.Farha?'

I looked up startled but nodded when I realized that it would be nice to hang out with a girl for a change.

**************

The rest of the day went uneventful. We got to know our new teachers and received new assignments for the year. As soon as 2nd period had come to an end I stepped outside finding Maya waiting for me by the door.

'Hey, u ready to show me around?' she asked.

'Yea, let me just let my friend know that I won't be joining him for lunch,' I replied and took my phone out.

Over Text:

To: Zayn

From: Farha

Hey

Sorry won't be able to hang with u during lunch...have to show the new girl around xx

~~~~

I waited a few seconds and quickly got a reply back.

~~~~

To: Farha

From: Zayn

Okay... Where you going? :) xx

~~~~

To:Zayn

From: Farha

Just around the school and then I'll take her to Milkshake City xx

~~~~

I put my phone in my pocket and then led her to the front of the school. From there I showed her where the bathrooms were, the gym, library and where all her classes would be.

The entire time, we were talking as if we had known each other our entire lives. Before moving to Bradford she had lived in Wolverhampton with her single mom and her older brother. Her mom had gotten a job transfer and that's why she had moved. She told me that she had a boyfriend back home, whom she had to break up with because of the distance.