Chapter 6

Kiss You Inside Out

Chapter 6: Farha's P.O.V.

The silence was deafening as everybody especially me waited for Simon's decision. He looked at his notes and crossed his arms, the way he does when he's about to say something important.

'Farha,' he started, ' I think you have an amazing voice and your confidence level is brilliant. With a little help you could be with the likes of Demi Lovato herself.'

That compliment meant the world to me but- with a little help? Is he going to tell me to go home and come back next year?

' And I would like to give you that help with a chance...You're through with 3 yeses!' he exclaimed.

'Thank you so much!' I said with tears in my eyes. I didn't even know I was going to do this till this morning but now I have a chance to be in the X Factor! I walked off the stage with a huge smile on my face and jump in my steps. Simi saw me coming out and ran to give me a hug.

'Oh my gosh, Far!' she yelled in my ear,'you're going on fricking X Factor!I knew you would make it!'

' And it is all thanks to you!' I replied.

***************************************

The next few weeks were pretty hectic as London was the last city that was auditioned and bootcamp started a week later. Bootcamp consisted of three stages ; dance, group song, and solo song. Practice took early mornings and long night but every second was worth it.

Everyone was broken off into four groups for dance session and we were taught the routine by Joshua Rodriguez. I saw a couple people struggle but I caught on pretty well. I remembered Zayn practicing for the dance session 2 years ago on X Factor, his dancing had always been great but his confidence level, not so much. Simon was the only reason he kept going and he proved how far it can actually get you. We performed for Simon and Louis, most of us did well.

The contestants were than put into 4 different categories; groups, above 25, girls, and boys, for the group singing. I was placed in the girl group with 15 other girls who looked like they've been ready for this since they were 5. The song that we were required to sing was 'Unfaithful' by Rihanna and on the day of the presentation, I must've practiced it over a hundred times. We stood on the stage in a line and the first girl started to sing before she was gestured to stop, and the next girl begun where she left off. When it got to me I sang my heart out , ' and I know he knows I'm unfaithful and it kills him inside. To know that I am happy with some other guy. I can see him dying.' I stopped and just hoped that it lived up to the judges expectations.

Today counts the most, the solo performance. I decided to sing 'Because Of You' by Kelly Clarkson, knowing that it was a song that, if I sang well, the judges would like. I was standing by the stage, the knot in my stomach growing as it got closer to my turn to sing.

'Farha Edwards,' a name called followed by applause.

I took a deep breath trying to ignore the nerves and stepped onto the stage.

'Hello,' Cheryl said.

'Hi'

'What will you be singing today?' Louis asked.

'I'll be singing,' I said timidly. I coughed and repeated more confidently, 'I'll be singing Because of You by Kelly Clarkson'

'Okay, whenever you're ready.'

I started singing, starting low but then breaking out loud. I started to move across the stage, moving my hands and gesturing in time with what I was singing.