Chapter Eighteen: Please

You had a horrible dream.. A dream where Kakyoin was gone. Where he was in a hospital bed.

But you weren't crying. You couldn't feel anything. You couldn't feel any emotions.

It was silent, nobody was there but you and Kakyoin.

You couldn't get up, no matter how hard you tried.

———————————————————————————

You awoken to people surrounding Kakyoin, and loud quick beeps filled the air. You woke up Jotaro, shaking him quietly.
"Nngh.."
"Jotaro. Look."

Through the crowd, you saw Kakyoin, laying there.
"Were losing him!"

You heart sank when you heard those words. Not again. Please.

Your eyes began to water. Kakyoin's body laid there, almost lifeless. You looked at Jotaro, who also was tearing up.
"This can't be happening."

You sat there in silence, hoping nothing bad was to come. All your muscles in your body tensed.

You let the tears roll down your face. You cried gently, thinking of all the moments you had with him.
"This is all my fault.."
You continued sobbing and blaming this event on you.

Jotaro gripped your hand tightly, looking at you reassuringly. Fear still lingered in his eyes.

You took in a shaky breath, wiping the tears off your face.

Unfortunately, luck was not on your side.

That's when it happened.

The worse thing possible.

The heart monitor stopped, followed by silence.

Your heart broke. The crowd looked at you and Jotaro sorrowfully.

You pushed through the crowd, letting out a loud yelp at the lifeless body. You cried, harder than ever.

"No.. Please. Please! Stay with me!"

You hugged Kakyoin tightly, weeping in his chest.

There was no heartbeat.

No breath.

Just silence.

Jotaro walked over, taking a quick glance at Kakyoin then looking down.

The person who made your days so much brighter isn't here to comfort you anymore.

He isn't here to make you laugh.

He isn't here to make your heart flutter.

He isn't here.

"I'm sorry, Ms. L/N," Said a voice in the crowd of medical staff.
"We will give you a moment."

You nodded, not looking at them as they exited the room.
It was quiet, only faint cries present.

You caressed his face gingerly, admiring his face.

"Kakyoin.. I don't think you would understand how much you mean to both of us."

You whispered under your breath.
You fiddled at the emerald brooch that laid on his collarbone, it gleamed softly.

You turned your head slowly to Jotaro, whose cheeks were red, glistened in tears. He looked down immediately, wiping his eyes aggressively.

The two of you stayed there, cherishing your last moments with Kakyoin.

700+ reads?!nbbSjcndnsbkdjdbcnemencmgmf

do not lose hope. there is still hope.