3. Trouble on the Train

As the train ride dragged on, Evergreen eventually fell asleep. Her head lolled to the side.

She looks so innocent when she sleeps... Elfman thought to himself. He shook his head. He knew she wasn't anything close to innocent.

But it bothered him that she was sleeping in such an awkward position, so he picked her up and laid her down on a row of seats. Since the train was so empty, there was enough space to lie down and sleep.

But Elfman couldn't sleep, himself.

Ever since he had decided to go on this job, an ominous feeling had boiled up inside him. And he couldn't understand it. Elfman paced the hallways of the train, trying to explain away the feeling. Maybe it was because he was hungry...

Elfman went to the dining car, hoping to settle his stomach. Surprisingly, there was no one there. Not even the person behind the counter to give him any food.

Elfman found this odd. On a long trip like this, there should be people eating. It was around dinnertime. He waited around for a few minutes, but when no one showed up, he decided to go back. Elfman walked to the door of the dining car and pulled the handle.

It didn't open.

Elfman frowned. The bad feeling he'd been having all day started to intensify. He went to the other door. It said 'employees only', but Elfman ignored the sign.

That door didn't open either. And then, Elfman heard a crash and a scream.

"Ever?!" he yelled.

Elfman started to panic. He used his Take Over magic. He immediately morphed into his Beast Soul and crashed through the metal doors effortlessly. Then, with inhuman speed, he ran to the place where he left Evergreen.

Evergreen was being cornered by three, shady-looking men, all wearing flowy white robes.

They jumped at the sight of Elfman, as if they were surprised that he made it back so quickly.

"I'm fine, you idiot! I can take all three of them myself..." Evergreen said, snapping open her fan. She pushed her glasses down and stared at the three of them with her Stone Eyes.

They all looked away, as if they had been expecting to be attacked with Evergreen's magic. Shielding his eyes, one of the men moved forward to attack her, while the other two turned around and lunged at Elfman.

The two Fairy Tail mages got ready to fight.

____________________________________________________________

Hey guys, I just wanted to say (again) thanks for reading! I appreciate it so much!

If you like the story so far, I'd love it if you could give it a vote!

This chapter has a slight cliffhanger, but stay tuned! I'll try updating ASAP.